Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AZ State Predictions
DemiDec Talk > Competitions and Scores > Academic Decathlon C&S
korunic
I think most people have an idea of what the placings will be, but figured I'd make a poll regardless.
madcap
I edited my vote to change third place from Cesar Chavez to Westwood. I think Westwood is better than Cesar Chavez at increasing late in the season. Cesar Chavez always seems to decrease / stagnate after winter break for some reason.
nixonotis
I plan on attending the state competition on Saturday on behalf of Xathlon; I'll also be attempting to record the first episode of an Academic Decathlon-centric podcast with Todd Decker (acadecker) and Chris Yetman (Evil Doctor Calculus)! If you see me walking around, come say hi!

As far as predictions go...I think CDO will win. Otherwise, I have no idea tongue.gif I hope Seton Catholic breaks 40k smile.gif
TinDefacto
Thanks for starting this thread!! I've been out of the country on a family emergency and haven't been able to be online much, so I wasn't able to even do predictions. sad.gif

That said, I have a bit of time now, and it looks like CDO won with 47,303.5! (I love that someone was live-updating ADSIC!!) Congrats!!

1. CDO 47,303.5
2. Hamilton 45,129.0
3. Mountain View Mesa 44,959.9 (back to top 3 after last year!)
4. Westwood
5. Cesar Chavez
6. Skyline
7. Seton Catholic 40,734 - YAY 40k!! smile.gif
8. BASIS Peoria(!)
9. BASIS Chandler
10. Red Mountain(!)

Piper Gray won with 9,536! (Been hearing different reports on the decimal.) That's the highest-recorded score out of California (and -- currently -- 6th ever) and that is amazing.

Also, Savage Hess of Skyline won top Varsity! Weren't even on the poll. ;P
ahundredjarsofsky
Congrats, Mr Yetman! I think we're all watching to see if Piper can break their PR now. No pressure.
UrInvalid
QUOTE (TinDefacto @ Mar 10 2018, 07:02 PM) *
(I love that someone was live-updating ADSIC!!)

I aim to please biggrin.gif
acadecker
We (Seton Catholic) broke the 40K barrier, which was our season-long goal.

Dillon broke 8K (8,156.6) and finished as the #2 overall Scholastic, just 40 points below #1 Carter.

And props to Seton's Mikayla McNally, who earned a Gold in Essay & the Outstanding Essay Plaque with a perfect 1,000 point score!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.