IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hurricane Harvey, Houston Area Decathlon Teams, San Antonio if you need place to stay
zzzptm
post Aug 28 2017, 02:53 AM
Post #1

HRH, King of DemiDecTalk and of DDT Dominions Beyond the Seas

Group: Emeritus
Member No.: 1

Severe flooding, major wind damage... some schools will not be starting / have classes delayed significantly. Rockport Fulton ISD will not be able to start classes until at least 11 September because electricity there cannot be restored any sooner than that, and may have to push that date up.

Stanley Tree has checked in as safe on FB, so I'm happy to see that. Let's hope he and the good people around Houston can all stay safe as the flooding continues.

--------------------
The "m" is silent and "Zzzptm" is only one syllable...
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
"Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
fyzics
post Sep 8 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Coach Class
Member No.: 30,249

Because Bakersfield is located in Kern County (which is sitting on top of a tremendous amount of oil, just like Harris County) we have a huge connection with Houston in terms of families and friends who have lived in both places. If anyone from Texas is relocating to Bakersfield, please call me at (661)665-2800 or email me at gabriela _ scully@ kernhigh.org (no spaces) and I will do everything I can to make sure you are given the chance to compete in decathlon.

Gaby Scully
Stockdale HS
Bakersfield, CA

+Quote Post
madcap
post Oct 27 2017, 03:19 PM
Post #3

Alpwaaca

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 21

QUOTE (fyzics @ Sep 8 2017, 01:14 PM) *
Because Bakersfield is located in Kern County (which is sitting on top of a tremendous amount of oil, just like Harris County) we have a huge connection with Houston in terms of families and friends who have lived in both places. If anyone from Texas is relocating to Bakersfield, please call me at (661)665-2800 or email me at gabriela _ scully@ kernhigh.org (no spaces) and I will do everything I can to make sure you are given the chance to compete in decathlon.

Gaby Scully
Stockdale HS
Bakersfield, CA

Thank you, Gaby! People like you make Decathlon special!

--------------------
QUOTE (Abuelo)
I really try not to make it sound like a religious experience when I talk about Academic Decathlon, but it isn't easy.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 07:45 AM