overly_critical_...
post Apr 19 2013, 01:22 AM
Post #121

You and me, we're gonna be just fine.

Group: Yellow Perils
Member No.: 25

Seems legit.

--------------------

I'm never that far, no matter where you are.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Research Monkey
post Apr 29 2013, 09:46 AM
Post #122

touha po ztracené

Group: Coach Class
Member No.: 94

1. I almost have some feels for Steve Nash, coming up short once again versus the Spurs. Almost.

2. This last Knicks-Celts game was a joke. Legitimately horrible (and horribly predictable) calls. Oh, someone's in Paul Pierce's vicinity not even close to making contact? Shooting foul. Oh, KG is in foul trouble for being KG? We'll ignore his illegal screens for half a quarter. Horrible, and so blatant an attempt to try and extent the series for money.

3. I didn't think Steph Curry was that underrated this regular season. His efficiency stats were about what they always were, he was just healthier and playing more minutes. An all-star player, to be sure, but nothing too crazy. Thus far in the playoffs? The dude's shooting 48% from deep on nine and a half threes a game. He's a perfect 15/15 from the charity stripe (which, I guess, is defended about as fiercely by Denver as any other shot outside the paint) and has put up 27.3/10/4.5? Maybe he is the best person in the universe.

--------------------
“The attempt to develop a sense of humor and to see things in a humorous light is some kind of a trick learned while mastering the art of living.” --Viktor E. Frankl

+Quote Post
Research Monkey
post May 15 2013, 12:27 AM
Post #123

touha po ztracené

J.R. Smith is such a scrub.

--------------------
“The attempt to develop a sense of humor and to see things in a humorous light is some kind of a trick learned while mastering the art of living.” --Viktor E. Frankl

+Quote Post
michelangelo
post May 16 2013, 07:37 AM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Group: Soylent Greens
Member No.: 727

QUOTE (Research Monkey @ May 14 2013, 07:27 PM) *
J.R. Smith is such a scrub.

I was pulling for the Knicks in the East until I realized the whole team is comprised of a bunch of crybabies, and Jason Kidd. At this point, go Indiana and San Antonio - the only teams remotely capable of maybe possibly stopping Miami. I can't wait until the Bulls sign Dwight Howard this summer, move Noah to the 4, and get Rose, Heinrich, and Deng back in the rotation with Boozer coming off the bench...and keep Robinson and Belinelli around...

i mean, a guy's gotta wish for some way to keep the Heat from dominating the east for all eternity.

and, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j71HTYEuos8

--------------------
Jared Christensen
Waukesha West Scholastic

"you can take me out of the varsity, but you'll never take the varsity out of me..."

+Quote Post
Research Monkey
post May 16 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #125

touha po ztracené

QUOTE (michelangelo @ May 16 2013, 12:37 AM) *
I was pulling for the Knicks in the East until I realized the whole team is comprised of a bunch of crybabies, and Jason Kidd.

So crybabies and a wife beater.

At this point, go Indiana and San Antonio - the only teams remotely capable of maybe possibly stopping Miami.

Personally, I like Memphis' chances better than the Pacers or Spurs. I know I'm crazy for ever doubting his highness Lord James the Magnanimous, but are the Heat really going to try and play small if that means LeBron has to bang with Z-Bo down low? Good luck. I guess David West poses a similar conundrum, but I don't think he's as dangerous in the post as Randolph. I still like the Heat in such a series, but they wouldn't be allowed to do the kinds of things the Heat want to--something that can only really be said Memphis and a healthy Bulls.

I can't wait until the Bulls sign Dwight Howard this summer, move Noah to the 4, and get Rose, Heinrich, and Deng back in the rotation with Boozer coming off the bench...and keep Robinson and Belinelli around...

i mean, a guy's gotta wish for some way to keep the Heat from dominating the east for all eternity.

Heh, I think just having a healthy Rose will be enough to compete...and I don't think we'd have much want for D12 clogging the paint anyway, Noah is a player that can play outside the low post (like a Marc Gasol, Chris Bosh) and is perfect for a Rose-based system. I don't think we'll be able to afford Nate, who is due for a huge raise, but maybe we can keep Bellinelli if we cut Rip Hamilton (though he inexplicably returned from the dead in G5).

--------------------

+Quote Post
michelangelo
post May 19 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Group: Soylent Greens
Member No.: 727

QUOTE (Research Monkey @ May 16 2013, 04:44 PM) *
I was pulling for the Knicks in the East until I realized the whole team is comprised of a bunch of crybabies, and Jason Kidd.

So crybabies and a wife beater.

At this point, go Indiana and San Antonio - the only teams remotely capable of maybe possibly stopping Miami.

Personally, I like Memphis' chances better than the Pacers or Spurs. I know I'm crazy for ever doubting his highness Lord James the Magnanimous, but are the Heat really going to try and play small if that means LeBron has to bang with Z-Bo down low? Good luck. I guess David West poses a similar conundrum, but I don't think he's as dangerous in the post as Randolph. I still like the Heat in such a series, but they wouldn't be allowed to do the kinds of things the Heat want to--something that can only really be said Memphis and a healthy Bulls.

I can't wait until the Bulls sign Dwight Howard this summer, move Noah to the 4, and get Rose, Heinrich, and Deng back in the rotation with Boozer coming off the bench...and keep Robinson and Belinelli around...

Heh, I think just having a healthy Rose will be enough to compete...and I don't think we'd have much want for D12 clogging the paint anyway, Noah is a player that can play outside the low post (like a Marc Gasol, Chris Bosh) and is perfect for a Rose-based system. I don't think we'll be able to afford Nate, who is due for a huge raise, but maybe we can keep Bellinelli if we cut Rip Hamilton (though he inexplicably returned from the dead in G5).

I mean I don't think you're wrong - Randolph and Gasol pose a problem for Miami down low, but so do Hibbert and West. Thinking about it now, a Bosh-Gasol match up could be fun to watch since both aren't terrible jump shooters. Same story with Duncan. For all of them, though, the theme is the same: beating Miami has to be done with size.

As for Chicago's future, I think they would benefit from signing a center and moving Noah to the 4 even if it means parting ways with Boozer. I like Noah more as a PF, and I don't think there's another one in the East that he can't beat (if not dominate). A more realistic choice would be Al Jefferson. As for Robinson's part, he definitely earned himself some money this postseason so I don't anticipate him sticking around Chicago. But it will certainly be nice for them to get Deng and Heinrich back in the rotation; with them, Rose, and a new center, I think Miami starts feeling awfully uncomfortable.

--------------------
Jared Christensen
Waukesha West Scholastic

"you can take me out of the varsity, but you'll never take the varsity out of me..."

+Quote Post
Research Monkey
post May 19 2013, 08:09 AM
Post #127

touha po ztracené

I honestly have no idea how Noah could function effectively at the four. His ability to facilitate out of the high post is invaluable, and combined with Boozer's ability to play from mid-range, it clears out the paint for Rose (and hopefully someone else who can slash!). Unless we're expecting D-Rose to come back as some kind of athletically crippled three-point shooting savant, I don't want a big low post presence, let alone two. That said, a true stretch four might be worth amnestying Boozer for.

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 02:19 AM