IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Individual Nationals - please help!
Guest_fyzics_*
post Apr 4 2017, 12:48 AM
Post #1

Guests

One of my kids just got an invitation to attend the National Competition in Madison! Which is totally awesome - except that I feel like I have no idea what it entails. For crying out loud, I just found out that competing after states was a thing after last year was over, so I encouraged my kids to pay their $29.95 to register. And, whoop, there it is!

Has anyone done this before? Any input would be incredibly welcome smile.gif

Gaby
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Scholastic Underdog_*
post Apr 4 2017, 01:48 AM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE (fyzics @ Apr 3 2017, 07:48 PM) *
One of my kids just got an invitation to attend the National Competition in Madison! Which is totally awesome - except that I feel like I have no idea what it entails. For crying out loud, I just found out that competing after states was a thing after last year was over, so I encouraged my kids to pay their $29.95 to register. And, whoop, there it is!

Has anyone done this before? Any input would be incredibly welcome smile.gif

Gaby

Believe it or not, USAD's pages on the matter are actually relatively thorough and give you a good idea of what's going on, be it going to in-person nationals or competing online. The Rockwall (and Franklin) folk could give you a solid idea of what to expect since they both sent basically their whole teams

+Quote Post
The Evil Dr. Cal...
post Apr 4 2017, 01:57 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Yes, ask Samuel Kullens. He'd be a really good source.

+Quote Post
stanleytree
post Apr 4 2017, 02:28 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 12

Our 7th Scholastic that didn't make the team is going too. I'm happy that he was able to do all of the stuff all on his own. I would have no idea how to help him for the most part.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2018 - 01:59 AM