IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> THINGS I NEVER LEARNED IN SCHOLASTIC COMPETITIONS, a survival guide...
Guest_tryingtothinkagain_*
post May 7 2009, 08:14 AM
Post #21

Guests

You can kill someone with many seemingly innocent household objects with no modification, including, but not limited too, a spoon and a straw.
Ground match heads make a decent rocket fuel. Just don't use the strike-anywhere matches. They don't like it when you grind them up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_katerific_*
post May 7 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #22

Guests

If you're trying to get to the roof, and you accidentally set off the alarm, just RUN. RUUUUN.

Yogurtland is much cheaper and tastier than any other place. More variety, too.

Don't tell the police anything.

+Quote Post
Guest_Dr. Roffles_*
post May 7 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #23

Guests

If you have to walk down extremely sketchy, ghetto streets... have someone with you. Seriously. It doesn't matter if either of you is physically imposing -- people who want to mess with you generally do not want the risk of one of you getting away and giving their description to the police. I'm extraordinarily thin and my girlfriend isn't exactly Candace Parker, but having two people together made the thugs generally ignore us when we were walking through a really bad part of Durham while getting to the grocery store. Criminals go for easy prey. Prey that sticks together aint easy. Avoiding conflict by being with a bunch of people actually does work, usually. Also, there was a shootout on the block we walked through a few days later.

So uh I guess the moral there is try to stay away from the wrong place in the wrong time, okay guys.

This post has been edited by Dr. Roffles: May 7 2009, 08:34 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_Jonesy_*
post May 7 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #24

Guests

QUOTE (Dr. Roffles @ May 7 2009, 03:33 AM) *
If you have to walk down extremely sketchy, ghetto streets... have someone with you. Seriously. It doesn't matter if either of you is physically imposing -- people who want to mess with you generally do not want the risk of one of you getting away and giving their description to the police. I'm extraordinarily thin and my girlfriend isn't exactly Candace Parker, but having two people together made the thugs generally ignore us when we were walking through a really bad part of Durham while getting to the grocery store. Criminals go for easy prey. Prey that sticks together aint easy. Avoiding conflict by being with a bunch of people actually does work, usually. Also, there was a shootout on the block we walked through a few days later.

So uh I guess the moral there is try to stay away from the wrong place in the wrong time, okay guys.

The other trick is to make everyone else assume YOU are the crazy people they were warned about. Walk with your head high and act you belong there. Don't stare anyone down though. (I go walking through downtown when I can't sleep at night)

+Quote Post
Guest_Mr. Tree_*
post May 7 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #25

Guests

QUOTE (Jonesy @ May 7 2009, 04:13 PM) *

The other trick is to make everyone else assume YOU are the crazy people they were warned about. Walk with your head high and act you belong there. Don't stare anyone down though. (I go walking through downtown when I can't sleep at night)

Downtown Omaha is sketchy? I find that hard to believe laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Jonesy_*
post May 7 2009, 04:59 PM
Post #26

Guests

QUOTE (Mr. Tree @ May 7 2009, 11:55 AM) *
QUOTE (Jonesy @ May 7 2009, 04:13 PM) *

Downtown Omaha is sketchy? I find that hard to believe laugh.gif

If you come to nationals next year I'm dropping you off in North O with a confederate flag stapled to your back, and then I'll set up a betting pool on how long you live.

+Quote Post
Guest_Mr. Tree_*
post May 7 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #27

Guests

B-b-b-b-b-b-but can we do it to someone from South Carolina? I find that much more appropriate...I only seceded because Louisiana bullied me into it.

+Quote Post
Guest_Jonesy_*
post May 7 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #28

Guests

QUOTE (Mr. Tree @ May 7 2009, 12:02 PM) *
B-b-b-b-b-b-but can we do it to someone from South Carolina? I find that much more appropriate...I only seceded because Louisiana bullied me into it.

Well, if Omaha is as safe as you think it is, you have nothing to worry about right? wink.gif

(and for the record, no Omaha is not a bad city, but like everywhere else, there are some places you don't want to be at certain times.)

This post has been edited by Jonesy: May 7 2009, 05:05 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_Mr. Tree_*
post May 7 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #29

Guests

QUOTE (Jonesy @ May 7 2009, 05:05 PM) *

Well, if Omaha is as safe as you think it is, you have nothing to worry about right? wink.gif

I'm just scared of the 5-0. I ain't afraid of nuttttin'

I come to the party in my b-boy stance

+Quote Post
Guest_Jonesy_*
post May 7 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #30

Guests

what....the....hell......?

+Quote Post
zzzptm
post May 7 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #31

The Fisher King

Group: Emeritus
Member No.: 1

Back on topic...

AHEM...

The best places to buy music are the ones where the music isn't full price. Digging around in used book stores and pawn shops can be FASCINATING.

--------------------
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko

+Quote Post
Guest_tryingtothinkagain_*
post May 8 2009, 03:24 AM
Post #32

Guests

QUOTE (Mr. Tree @ May 7 2009, 12:07 PM) *

just because you're as loud as a black man, doesn't mean you are one.

+Quote Post
Guest_Mr. Tree_*
post May 8 2009, 04:10 AM
Post #33

Guests

QUOTE (zzzptm @ May 7 2009, 08:42 PM) *
Back on topic...

AHEM...

The best places to buy music are the ones where the music isn't full price. Digging around in used book stores and pawn shops can be FASCINATING.

WOW. DA DA DA. That was pretty hilarious.

Also, win on the Arrested Development, zzzptm. That was great stuff.

+Quote Post
Guest_Mr. Tree_*
post May 8 2009, 04:10 AM
Post #34

Guests

QUOTE (tryingtothinkagain @ May 8 2009, 03:24 AM) *
QUOTE (Mr. Tree @ May 7 2009, 12:07 PM) *

just because you're as loud as a black man, doesn't mean you are one.

And I have to admit, I lol'd.

+Quote Post
zzzptm
post May 9 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #35

The Fisher King

Group: Emeritus
Member No.: 1

Everyone needs to work on their Radio Voice. Never know when you'll have to make an announcement, so BE PREPARED.

--------------------
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko

+Quote Post
Guest_iMatt_*
post May 9 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #36

Guests

Except no one would listen to a station called The Breeze.

Well no one I know anywho.

+Quote Post
Guest_Subversive Asset 2.0_*
post May 9 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #37

Guests

my dad listens to THE BREEZE 99.5!

+Quote Post
Guest_Widget!_*
post May 9 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #38

Guests

QUOTE (zzzptm @ May 9 2009, 03:11 PM) *
Everyone needs to work on their Radio Voice. Never know when you'll have to make an announcement, so BE PREPARED.

Actually, this is good, but it's not comprehensive enough. Work on two other things: your dramatic reading voice, and your ability to maintain a straight face while doing something ridiculous. Think: Monty Python.

+Quote Post
Guest_Widget!_*
post May 9 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #39

Guests

QUOTE (debator @ May 9 2009, 04:03 PM) *
QUOTE (Widget! @ May 9 2009, 04:02 PM) *
QUOTE (zzzptm @ May 9 2009, 03:11 PM) *

Actually, this is good, but it's not comprehensive enough. Work on two other things: your dramatic reading voice, and your ability to maintain a straight face while doing something ridiculous. Think: Monty Python.

this is where i fail

WORK ON IT!

I'll send you a sombrero so you can be serious if that's what you need.

+Quote Post
Guest_Widget!_*
post May 9 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #40

Guests

QUOTE (debator @ May 9 2009, 04:11 PM) *
no i already got a sombrero

Then be serious in it.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th August 2018 - 05:07 PM