Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Decathapalooza, Rockwall site
Guest_Gear_*
post Oct 12 2011, 09:08 PM
Post #1

Guests

Teams who have submitted a roster: Frisco Lone Star, Frisco Heritage, Irving Nimitz, Canyon del Oro, John Paul II, Arlington, Coppell, Hawkins, Rockwall, Rockwall-Heath, Rowlett, Plano Senior, Plano East, Plano West, Madison Central, Richland, Aledo, Frisco Liberty, Lewisville, Frisco Centennial, Highland Park, and Frisco.

I will update this post as more teams add.

This post has been edited by Gear: Oct 18 2011, 07:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stanleytree
post Oct 12 2011, 11:18 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 12

Wow, all the Planos?! That's a first. This thing is getting bigger and bigger. I feel like the Katy meet will be much smaller.

+Quote Post
The Evil Dr. Cal...
post Oct 13 2011, 02:48 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Scoring is going to be fun.

+Quote Post
Guest_JP_Irish_*
post Oct 13 2011, 02:59 AM
Post #4

Guests

Our top varsity just informed me today that she will be in Arkansas the weekend of Oct. 29th for a Karate tournament! I wanted to punch her, but realized that'd be bad for several different reasons. Most importantly she is a black belt in Karate.

+Quote Post
Guest_J Eberhard_*
post Oct 13 2011, 03:02 AM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (JP_Irish @ Oct 12 2011, 09:59 PM) *
Our top varsity just informed me today that she will be in Arkansas the weekend of Oct. 29th for a Karate tournament! I wanted to punch her, but realized that'd be bad for several different reasons. Most importantly she is a black belt in Karate.

Have her take it the day before or when she gets back to include for the overall rankings that will be compiled. October is full of conflicts and a practice meet always loses. It won't show at the comp standings but it could be included for the compilation of all schools statewide.

+Quote Post
Guest_Danton_*
post Oct 13 2011, 04:04 AM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (J Eberhard @ Oct 12 2011, 10:02 PM) *

Have her take it the day before or when she gets back to include for the overall rankings that will be compiled. October is full of conflicts and a practice meet always loses. It won't show at the comp standings but it could be included for the compilation of all schools statewide.

Ever since I started coaching AcDec 5 years ago, I have thought that our fall meets should not be called "practice" meets. I think it minimizes them to the point that everyone's priorities can be placed above "practice."
I think that, at least in Texas (and anywhere else who thinks the same), we should seriously consider calling them something else (and nothing silly). I have coached football, basketball, baseball, track and field, and soccer (all at the high school level), and our fall meets are really a "pre-district," "regular season," or "preseason" kind of thing. I think that a common term, used by all of us, would lend more legitimacy and importance to these events, both for the teams, the schools (band, orchestra, athletics, UIL competitions, karate, etc.) and the communities.
I won't venture a term to use (leaving that to the heavyweight coaches around the state), but don't all of you think that would be a better route for us to take? soapbox.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_J Eberhard_*
post Oct 13 2011, 11:50 AM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (Danton @ Oct 12 2011, 11:04 PM) *

Ever since I started coaching AcDec 5 years ago, I have thought that our fall meets should not be called "practice" meets. I think it minimizes them to the point that everyone's priorities can be placed above "practice."
I think that, at least in Texas (and anywhere else who thinks the same), we should seriously consider calling them something else (and nothing silly). I have coached football, basketball, baseball, track and field, and soccer (all at the high school level), and our fall meets are really a "pre-district," "regular season," or "preseason" kind of thing. I think that a common term, used by all of us, would lend more legitimacy and importance to these events, both for the teams, the schools (band, orchestra, athletics, UIL competitions, karate, etc.) and the communities.
I won't venture a term to use (leaving that to the heavyweight coaches around the state), but don't all of you think that would be a better route for us to take? soapbox.gif

Good points. Always thought one competition a month was a great idea...Decathlon Season. It just feels more competitive. Traditions of certain competitions also build stability... we are really gonna miss the Holmes meet this year!
lots of schools solve that by making the four to five competitions, culminating with Round 1, as percentages of making the team.

+Quote Post
Guest_JP_Irish_*
post Oct 13 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #8

Guests

Yep, we already talked about it. She's going to do them over a two day period, 3 tests on one day and 3 the next, after school when she gets back. Not ideal, but that's the best we can do. Karate is her first priority, but she did make sure there are no more conflicts!

+Quote Post
Guest_Gear_*
post Oct 14 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #9

Guests

I've updated the list. where's the list of schools testing at the Katy site?

+Quote Post
Guest_Gear_*
post Oct 17 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #10

Guests

setting up scoring program as I type this.

+Quote Post
Guest_Gear_*
post Oct 17 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #11

Guests

Over 300 decathletes! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Sherpa_*
post Oct 17 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (Gear @ Oct 17 2011, 10:56 AM) *
Over 300 decathletes! ohmy.gif

Already? Just at the Rockwall meet? jaw-dropping.gif
Sure you're going to have enough room for all of us? rolleyes.gif

party2.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Gear_*
post Oct 17 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #13

Guests

Should be about 330 decathletes at the Rockwall site. Tests have been sent to the printshop. Still setting up scoring program.

+Quote Post
Guest_raconteur_*
post Oct 18 2011, 03:03 AM
Post #14

Guests

QUOTE (Gear @ Oct 17 2011, 01:59 PM) *
Should be about 330 decathletes at the Rockwall site. Tests have been sent to the printshop. Still setting up scoring program.

Impressive. We are intimidated!

+Quote Post
Guest_JP_Irish_*
post Oct 18 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE (raconteur @ Oct 17 2011, 10:03 PM) *

Don't worry brother, there will be lots of us sitting during the awards watching the big wigs go up for their mounds of ribbons! Sigh . . . I remember those days.

I think we are ready to go. We got our bus, t-shirts, etc. Now we just need to study!

I wonder how many peepwall.gif we will have cutting and pasting and hiding in their little corners in the shadows trying to surprise us when official scores get released. LolLolLolLol.gif

Good luck to all the decathlete's competing at these meets.

popcorn.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Gear_*
post Oct 18 2011, 02:12 PM
Post #16

Guests

As am I!

+Quote Post
Guest_Danton_*
post Oct 18 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #17

Guests

QUOTE (JP_Irish @ Oct 18 2011, 08:14 AM) *

Don't worry brother, there will be lots of us sitting during the awards watching the big wigs go up for their mounds of ribbons! Sigh . . . I remember those days.

I think we are ready to go. We got our bus, t-shirts, etc. Now we just need to study!

I wonder how many peepwall.gif we will have cutting and pasting and hiding in their little corners in the shadows trying to surprise us when official scores get released. LolLolLolLol.gif

popcorn.gif

Great - now we have Gear and Irish sandbagging! jaw-dropping.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_dog_*
post Oct 18 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #18

Guests

Very excited, brad and i will be there.

+Quote Post
Guest_Gear_*
post Oct 18 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #19

Guests

Team list updated. Tests copied. Names entered into spreadsheet. 131 Honors, 122 Scholastic, and 85 varsities.

QUOTE (Danton @ Oct 18 2011, 01:09 PM) *
QUOTE (JP_Irish @ Oct 18 2011, 08:14 AM) *

popcorn.gif

Great - now we have Gear and Irish sandbagging! jaw-dropping.gif

I already have the trophies engraved with Irish's kids' names on them biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Gear_*
post Oct 18 2011, 08:07 PM
Post #20

Guests

QUOTE (dog @ Oct 18 2011, 02:30 PM) *
Very excited, brad and i will be there.

Wish you guys were competing.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd April 2018 - 04:34 PM