Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Member Thread, Don't be shy, introduce yourselves
Guest_VorlonTVC15_*
post Feb 14 2014, 01:24 AM
Post #41

Guests

QUOTE (the_crazy_honors @ Feb 13 2014, 05:06 PM) *
QUOTE (VorlonTVC15 @ Feb 13 2014, 05:55 PM) *
Hey guys, I'm Bailey Chabot! I'm a second year scholastic decathlete from Torrance High School. We just got out scores back yesterday, and I'm absolutely thrilled with how my team and the others did. Can't wait for the state competition!

Congratulations! Are you in California?

Yep! Competition is crazy over here in LA County.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TinDefacto
post Feb 14 2014, 02:11 AM
Post #42

Turtlemaster.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21

QUOTE (VorlonTVC15 @ Feb 13 2014, 06:55 PM) *
Hey guys, I'm Bailey Chabot! I'm a second year scholastic decathlete from Torrance High School. We just got out scores back yesterday, and I'm absolutely thrilled with how my team and the others did. Can't wait for the state competition!

Welcome on board! biggrin.gif Yeah, you guys did great, and especially you--as I told madcap when we got results of who was first place Scholastic, "I SO CALLED IT!!!"

+Quote Post
Guest_VorlonTVC15_*
post Feb 14 2014, 02:19 AM
Post #43

Guests

QUOTE (TinDefacto @ Feb 13 2014, 06:11 PM) *

Welcome on board! biggrin.gif Yeah, you guys did great, and especially you--as I told madcap when we got results of who was first place Scholastic, "I SO CALLED IT!!!"

Whoa, what? You guys know who I am? Haha that's surprising. laugh.gif Thanks, I'm so happy for our team. We broke the streak of going to state last year, didn't want to make that a routine.

This post has been edited by VorlonTVC15: Feb 14 2014, 02:28 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_the_crazy_honors_*
post Feb 14 2014, 02:31 AM
Post #44

Guests

QUOTE (VorlonTVC15 @ Feb 13 2014, 08:19 PM) *

Whoa, what? You guys know who I am? Haha that's surprising. laugh.gif

This guy and madcap know absolutely everyone. It's awesome.

+Quote Post
TinDefacto
post Feb 14 2014, 02:53 AM
Post #45

Turtlemaster.

QUOTE (VorlonTVC15 @ Feb 13 2014, 09:19 PM) *

Whoa, what? You guys know who I am? Haha that's surprising. laugh.gif Thanks, I'm so happy for our team. We broke the streak of going to state last year, didn't want to make that a routine.

Hahaha, of course we do!! tongue.gif As Marin said, yeah, we know like everyone, but you stood out last year and as soon as we knew you were returning this year we knew you had potential to be super-awesome. So well-done on your performance! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
madcap
post Feb 15 2014, 07:32 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 16

QUOTE (TinDefacto @ Feb 13 2014, 09:53 PM) *
QUOTE (VorlonTVC15 @ Feb 13 2014, 09:19 PM) *

Hahaha, of course we do!! tongue.gif As Marin said, yeah, we know like everyone, but you stood out last year and as soon as we knew you were returning this year we knew you had potential to be super-awesome. So well-done on your performance! biggrin.gif

Sometimes I even text TinDefacto Facebook mobile screenshots (from USAD update notifications) saying things like "Look! Chabot beat [some honors from a 50k team] in this ___ scrimmage!"

I can name all eight or nine people on each national championship team for the last 10 or so years, plus many second place teams, third place teams, state champion teams, regional champion teams, and so on. Some rednecks follow football all day. TinDefacto and I follow AcaDeca all day. I say it's the best sport in the world.

+Quote Post
madcap
post Feb 15 2014, 07:34 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Jam11 @ Feb 12 2014, 05:29 PM) *
Hello, my name is Jeffrey Moore and I competed as a scholastic at Oxnard High School in 2011. I've been lurking here since about that time and only now decided I should finally make an account. I've known about Academic Decathlon for a while since my sister competed in it but my parents didn't want me to do it because of the time commitment. I finally convinced them to let me join my senior year and my only regret is not being able to compete sooner since I feel like I could have put in more effort into studying. Now I've been helping out Oxnard's program for the last 3 years; mostly with math. I've also become obsessed with recording scores which started when I came across DDSIC and found very little info on Ventura County. That drove me to find out everything I can and now I have several unorganized spreadsheets of Oxnard and Ventura County results.

It's always wonderful to have more DDSIC editors here. Welcome, and it's really cool to hear that you're still assistant coaching.

+Quote Post
Guest_VorlonTVC15_*
post Feb 15 2014, 07:47 AM
Post #48

Guests

That makes me ridiculously happy haha! I try really hard to do my best. I'd love a >8000 score at state! biggrin.gif I don't know how I'm gonna survive without acadec, I think I might have to join you guys in following acadec all day.

+Quote Post
TinDefacto
post Feb 15 2014, 08:36 AM
Post #49

Turtlemaster.

QUOTE (VorlonTVC15 @ Feb 15 2014, 02:47 AM) *
I don't know how I'm gonna survive without acadec, I think I might have to join you guys in following acadec all day.

YES EVERYONE COME JOIN US WE HAVE COOKIES*

*cookies may or may not be purely metaphorical in nature

+Quote Post
Guest_VorlonTVC15_*
post Feb 15 2014, 08:41 AM
Post #50

Guests

QUOTE (TinDefacto @ Feb 15 2014, 12:36 AM) *
QUOTE (VorlonTVC15 @ Feb 15 2014, 02:47 AM) *
I don't know how I'm gonna survive without acadec, I think I might have to join you guys in following acadec all day.

YES EVERYONE COME JOIN US WE HAVE COOKIES*

*cookies may or may not be purely metaphorical in nature

Woo! Metaphorical cookies are better than no cookies.

+Quote Post
TinDefacto
post Feb 15 2014, 08:55 AM
Post #51

Turtlemaster.

QUOTE (madcap @ Feb 15 2014, 02:32 AM) *
Some rednecks follow football all day. TinDefacto and I follow AcaDeca all day. I say it's the best sport in the world.

"You may be a scoremonger if... you print out scores to bring to class in case you get bored."
"You may be a scoremonger if... you ask everyone you meet what high school they went to."
"You may be a scoremonger if... you've ever recognised a former Decathlete and immediately shouted their highest score at them."
"If upon finding out Shivam Dave's Regionals score you yelled "NINETY-THREE FORTY POINT EIGHT HOOOOLY FRAPPUNCINOMCMUFFINSANDWICHPOPS", accumulating a multitude of bewildered stares from everyone else in the room... you may be a scoremonger."

</foxworthy>

This post has been edited by TinDefacto: Feb 15 2014, 08:59 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_Eren_*
post Feb 15 2014, 11:05 AM
Post #52

Guests

Just saw this facepalm.gif
I'm Terence Tolentino, competed last year as an Honors at Franklin HS in Los Angeles, CA. I'm a huge nerd (understatement). I stalk teams, dig for scores, and nerd out with past and current decathletes. I'm currently a first year at UCLA entering as a Biochem major. I come back to Franklin to help out often too.

+Quote Post
madcap
post Feb 15 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Eren @ Feb 15 2014, 06:05 AM) *
Just saw this facepalm.gif
I'm Terence Tolentino, competed last year as an Honors at Franklin HS in Los Angeles, CA. I'm a huge nerd (understatement). I stalk teams, dig for scores, and nerd out with past and current decathletes. I'm currently a first year at UCLA entering as a Biochem major. I come back to Franklin to help out often too.

Yay Franklin! Panther Power! Welcome; I remember you from last year's results and it's a honor to have you here.

QUOTE (TinDefacto @ Feb 15 2014, 03:55 AM) *
"If upon finding out Shivam Dave's Regionals score you yelled "NINETY-THREE FORTY POINT EIGHT HOOOOLY FRAPPUNCINOMCMUFFINSANDWICHPOPS", accumulating a multitude of bewildered stares from everyone else in the room... you may be a scoremonger."

Did you actually do this? I have a delightful mental image. =]

+Quote Post
Guest_Allan21996_*
post Feb 15 2014, 10:34 PM
Post #54

Guests

QUOTE (VorlonTVC15 @ Feb 13 2014, 05:24 PM) *

I felt honored walking behind you for a medal biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TinDefacto
post Feb 15 2014, 10:57 PM
Post #55

Turtlemaster.

QUOTE (Eren @ Feb 15 2014, 06:05 AM) *

Wheee!!! biggrin.gif It's awesome having you here. COME JOIN US TOO WE STILL HAVE COOKIES AVAILABLE PERHAPS

QUOTE (madcap @ Feb 15 2014, 05:26 PM) *
QUOTE (TinDefacto @ Feb 15 2014, 03:55 AM) *

Did you actually do this? I have a delightful mental image. =]

Yes... excuse my horrific expletives. xD

+Quote Post
Guest_VorlonTVC15_*
post Feb 15 2014, 11:26 PM
Post #56

Guests

QUOTE (Allan21996 @ Feb 15 2014, 02:34 PM) *
QUOTE (VorlonTVC15 @ Feb 13 2014, 05:24 PM) *

I felt honored walking behind you for a medal biggrin.gif

Thanks! Congrats on your performance. You and your team did awesome! I look forward to competing with you guys at state. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Stephanie Cham_*
post Feb 26 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #57

Guests

Hey! I'm Stephanie, a Seven Lakes Decathlete/Scholastic, and I spend most of my time thinking about the sleep I'm missing. (Half-kidding.)

I'm planning on majoring in music, (I play piano and sing, and I'm decent at violin and learning the harp) but Decathlon has sparked my interest in so many other things and in learning, and I absolutely love it. And I'm so excited to meet all of you! I love getting to know Decathletes because you all understand the good and bad things associated with just Decathlon.

This post has been edited by Stephanie Cham: Feb 26 2014, 08:30 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_magicblueman_*
post Feb 26 2014, 08:41 PM
Post #58

Guests

QUOTE (Stephanie Cham @ Feb 26 2014, 02:30 PM) *
Hey! I'm Stephanie, a Seven Lakes Decathlete/Scholastic, and I spend most of my time thinking about the sleep I'm missing. (Half-kidding.)

I'm planning on majoring in music, (I play piano and sing, and I'm decent at violin and learning the harp) but Decathlon has sparked my interest in so many other things and in learning, and I absolutely love it. And I'm so excited to meet all of you! I love getting to know Decathletes because you all understand the good and bad things associated with just Decathlon.

Welcome to the boards! Are you a senior?

+Quote Post
Guest_Sam Farmer_*
post Feb 28 2014, 05:20 PM
Post #59

Guests

I'm Samantha Farmer, honors from Sam Champion HS in Boerne, TX. Next year will be my third year on our acdec team. I never really got into the Demidectalk forums last year and this year, but used it more for scorekeeping purposes. Hopefully I'll use it more this year....

Also, any ideas on this year's topic? It comes out at midnight!

+Quote Post
stanleytree
post Feb 28 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Stephanie Cham @ Feb 26 2014, 09:30 PM) *

I think I met you at regionals- I was the judge with the beard. I met at least a good chunk of SL.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2018 - 07:42 AM