> Texas Rankings
Scholastic Under...
post Dec 21 2015, 12:32 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Coach Class
Member No.: 671,637

QUOTE (Stanley Tree @ Dec 20 2015, 04:37 PM) *
I hate to talk about inflation but it is definitely present this year, mainly in science. On top of that there is no brutal subject this year like their typically is. So having 10-12 teams over 50k in the country, if not more, seems fairly reasonable at this point.

Nick you're awesome but there is no way we should be considered a front runner. We have too many weaknesses to think we'll win.

Well, you'll certainly win our Region at the very least bow.gif

--------------------
Nicholas Welch
MRHS Scholastic 2013-2016
E-Nats Scholastic Score Record Holder
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TinDefacto
post Dec 21 2015, 01:02 AM
Post #22

Turtlemaster

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 235,284

QUOTE (Stanley Tree @ Dec 20 2015, 05:37 PM) *
I hate to talk about inflation but it is definitely present this year, mainly in science.

Is this a good time to mention the 700 I got on R1 Science with absolutely zero preparation?

--------------------
Sebastian J. Garza
Liberty Honors '13

+Quote Post
Scholastic Under...
post Dec 21 2015, 01:07 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TinDefacto @ Dec 20 2015, 07:02 PM) *
I hate to talk about inflation but it is definitely present this year, mainly in science.

Is this a good time to mention the 700 I got on R1 Science with absolutely zero preparation?

I walked into USAD Easy with no preparation on Science and pulled a 960. Having not touched it for about a month, I walked into R1 and got an 880. Not the most fantastic scores, sure, but it's kinda interesting that science especially has been so easy the past two years. Hopefully this isn't something that becomes a consistent occurrence in the years to come.

Also, c'mon Sebastian, you can do better than a 700 wink.gif

--------------------
Nicholas Welch

+Quote Post
Allan21996
post Dec 21 2015, 06:21 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 83,395

QUOTE (Scholastic Underdog @ Dec 20 2015, 05:07 PM) *

I walked into USAD Easy with no preparation on Science and pulled a 960. Having not touched it for about a month, I walked into R1 and got an 880. Not the most fantastic scores, sure, but it's kinda interesting that science especially has been so easy the past two years. Hopefully this isn't something that becomes a consistent occurrence in the years to come.

They made a thirty page guide that was mostly pictures on an already easy topic. That's just plain lazy and stupid on USAD's side.

--------------------
The Allan Aguirre
Former 4 year Decathlete.
Former Coach of some decent teams.
Just out here for the memes.

If you're truly passionate about Decathlon(or anything), money, resources, ability, should never hold you back. It should only drive your passion further, because than you're truly achieving something.

+Quote Post
Allan21996
post Dec 21 2015, 06:41 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 83,395

QUOTE (Allan21996 @ Dec 20 2015, 10:21 PM) *
QUOTE (Scholastic Underdog @ Dec 20 2015, 05:07 PM) *

They made a thirty page guide that was mostly pictures on an already easy topic. That's just plain lazy and stupid on USAD's side.

Also, Decathlon is rad. All teams that try their hardest are cool. Crack is whack, and have a happy winter season filled with resource guides and highlighters.

This post has been edited by Allan21996: Dec 21 2015, 08:59 AM

--------------------
The Allan Aguirre
Former 4 year Decathlete.
Former Coach of some decent teams.
Just out here for the memes.

If you're truly passionate about Decathlon(or anything), money, resources, ability, should never hold you back. It should only drive your passion further, because than you're truly achieving something.

+Quote Post
Stanley Tree
post Dec 22 2015, 03:26 PM
Post #26

Don't compare my beat with his...

Member No.: 14

Post of the year. Also, I really want to know what the edit was...

--------------------
Academic Decathlon Coach, Dulles High School
2017 Texas Large School State Champion
AP World History teacher
Former Varsity Head Coach, Girls Soccer

Pearland High School '08
2008 Team State champion
2008 Varsity State champion

“It’s all these guys. They’ve been with us for a while. They believe in each other. They put up with me and go out and do it better the next day. They’ve got the courage of a lion.” - Frank Martin

+Quote Post
reveille93
post Dec 28 2015, 04:25 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 432

I'm a little nervous about Tompkins. They did really well at our district competition last year when they didn't have a full team. This year, we haven't heard anything from them. I'm not sure if that means they haven't fielded a full team again or if they are prepared to blow us out of the water at region.

+Quote Post
Stanley Tree
post Dec 30 2015, 04:13 PM
Post #28

Don't compare my beat with his...

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (reveille93 @ Dec 28 2015, 05:25 PM) *
I'm a little nervous about Tompkins. They did really well at our district competition last year when they didn't have a full team. This year, we haven't heard anything from them. I'm not sure if that means they haven't fielded a full team again or if they are prepared to blow us out of the water at region.

Worried like "they're gonna put up 54k and eat everyone's lunch", or "they may get 40k"? I wouldn't be too worried about it, especially if they haven't been at any meets.

--------------------
Academic Decathlon Coach, Dulles High School
2017 Texas Large School State Champion
AP World History teacher
Former Varsity Head Coach, Girls Soccer

Pearland High School '08
2008 Team State champion
2008 Varsity State champion

“It’s all these guys. They’ve been with us for a while. They believe in each other. They put up with me and go out and do it better the next day. They’ve got the courage of a lion.” - Frank Martin

+Quote Post
Scholastic Under...
post Dec 30 2015, 07:38 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Stanley Tree @ Dec 30 2015, 10:13 AM) *
QUOTE (reveille93 @ Dec 28 2015, 05:25 PM) *

Worried like "they're gonna put up 54k and eat everyone's lunch", or "they may get 40k"? I wouldn't be too worried about if, especially if they haven't been at any meets.

She meant the former tongue.gif

--------------------
Nicholas Welch

+Quote Post
J Eberhard
post Dec 31 2015, 03:55 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 425

TinDeFacto

50k+ and 45k+ ??? Perhaps something in between? 5k gap is pretty HUGE for a tiered prediction. smile.gif

If Alice is in the 45,xxx this year, I am gonna quit and go back to waiting tables like I did in college.

--------------------
Joseph Eberhard, Ed.D.
AcaDec, Octathlon Coach Alice HS
Pentathlon Coach WAMS
Alice, Texas

+Quote Post
J Eberhard
post Dec 31 2015, 04:06 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 425

QUOTE (Stanley Tree @ Dec 18 2015, 08:34 AM) *
My say based on rankings

1. Rockwall/HP/Heath (should get a subjective boost with split meets)
4. Coppell/Pearland/Dulles/East (?)
8. Friendswood/ Alice
10. Plano (?)- looked good earlier

Can't forget about King, we haven't heard much from them and they may want to bounce back from a down year. Clear Lake was around 27k at the Fwood meet, so they could be in the battle for top 10. Marcus and Keller and Clear Springs and Garland are a mystery, after all of that I'd say the next level is Dobie, Nimitz, Morton Ranch, Pearce, Wakeland, Monterey based on what we know. There is always the possibility of a monster in the shadows, but that doesn't really seem likely.

King is about the same as last year... maybe a little further 'down'. They are our "sister" school.. I know them as well as I do ourselves. They will be low 44k at region, high 42's at state.

--------------------
Joseph Eberhard, Ed.D.
AcaDec, Octathlon Coach Alice HS
Pentathlon Coach WAMS
Alice, Texas

+Quote Post
TinDefacto
post Dec 31 2015, 05:34 AM
Post #32

Turtlemaster

Member No.: 235,284

QUOTE (J Eberhard @ Dec 30 2015, 10:55 PM) *
TinDeFacto

50k+ and 45k+ ??? Perhaps something in between? 5k gap is pretty HUGE for a tiered prediction. smile.gif

If Alice is in the 45,xxx this year, I am gonna quit and go back to waiting tables like I did in college.

I know; that's why this is "rankings" and not "predictions"!! I still have no idea what this thread is technically about but it's definitely not my final predictions. Trust me, you'll all be getting massive posts from me as time progresses. tongue.gif

In the 45k-49,999 range, Alice would be much closer to the latter.

--------------------
Sebastian J. Garza
Liberty Honors '13

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 07:32 PM