Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Texas Rankings
Guest_Gurkha_*
post Dec 18 2015, 01:06 PM
Post #1

Guests

Texas AcDec Rankings....just for fun and discussion as we head into the abyss of non AcDec time and into a fight against the Dark Side

*this list has been edited since original post based on new information...once again...just for fun and discussion

1. Highland Park
2. Rockwall
3. Rockwall Heath
4. Coppell
5. Dulles
6. Pearland
7. Friendswood
8. Alice, 7 Lakes, Katy Taylor
9. Plano Sr
10. Plano East
11. Wakeland
12. Lubbock, Barbers Hill
13. King, Clements, Nimitz, Clear Creek, Dobie, Wakeland, Arlington, King,

20. Morton Ranch, Keller, Pearce, Garland, Clear Springs, Little Elm, Marcus, Monterey

hmmmm, tougher than I thought. Help me out....how can we spread this out?

This post has been edited by Gurkha: Dec 19 2015, 05:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stanleytree
post Dec 18 2015, 02:34 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 12

My say based on rankings

1. Rockwall/HP/Heath (should get a subjective boost with split meets)
4. Coppell/Pearland/Dulles/East (?)
8. Friendswood/ Alice
10. Plano (?)- looked good earlier

Can't forget about King, we haven't heard much from them and they may want to bounce back from a down year. Clear Lake was around 27k at the Fwood meet, so they could be in the battle for top 10. Marcus and Keller and Clear Springs and Garland are a mystery, after all of that I'd say the next level is Dobie, Nimitz, Morton Ranch, Pearce, Wakeland, Monterey based on what we know. There is always the possibility of a monster in the shadows, but that doesn't really seem likely.

+Quote Post
Guest_Gurkha_*
post Dec 18 2015, 02:54 PM
Post #3

Guests

You put Heath much higher. I must have missed a score of theirs. What do you know that I dont?

+Quote Post
stanleytree
post Dec 18 2015, 03:07 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

http://acadecscores.gilslotd.com/wiki/Round_1/2016

+Quote Post
TinDefacto
post Dec 18 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #5

Turtlemaster.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21

So wait, are these basically Texas State rank predictions...? Or are we ranking how they are currently (in which case we should just look at their Round 1 scores?)?

Also guys, let's not forget about James E. Taylor and Seven Lakes. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Scholastic Underdog_*
post Dec 18 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (TinDefacto @ Dec 18 2015, 01:09 PM)
Also guys, let's not forget about James E. Taylor and Seven Lakes.

This

+Quote Post
Guest_schwartzy18_*
post Dec 18 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #7

Guests

Hmm, 6 teams within 1,000 points of each other should make for a very interesting Texas competition. If only they were closer to 37k.

+Quote Post
post Dec 18 2015, 07:53 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (schwartzy18 @ Dec 18 2015, 01:42 PM) *
Hmm, 6 teams within 1,000 points of each other should make for a very interesting Texas competition. If only they were closer to 37k.

Considering Marshall took the tests a month before we did, probably more like 38k, if not higher

+Quote Post
stanleytree
post Dec 18 2015, 08:25 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

As someone in their region that was real dumb I forgot Taylor and seven lakes. They're definitely up there as well

In my current situation I don't know if I'll do predictions since my team is somewhat involved . There are some observations to make, such as I never underestimate friendswood. I bet they could make their way into the conversation pretty quick. Region X has some serious subjective deflation typically so if Rockwall hp and the planos are near the top but not at it they would actually be in a good position.

As the new kid on the block at the top, I hope we can figure out what to do for the next 70 days to keep us on level with the other top teams. It's scary but exciting. Also the insane amount of teams at the top is super scary.

+Quote Post
Guest_Allan21996_*
post Dec 18 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (Gurkha @ Dec 18 2015, 05:06 AM) *
Texas AcDec Rankings....just for fun and discussion as we head into the abyss of non AcDec time and into a fight against the Dark Side

*this list has been edited since original post based on new information...once again...just for fun and discussion

1. Highland Park
2. Rockwall
3. Rockwall Heath
4. Coppell
5. Dulles
6. Pearland
7. Friendswood
8. Alice
9. Plano Sr
10. Plano East
11. Wakeland
12. Lubbock
13. King, Clements, Nimitz, Clear Creek, Dobie, Wakeland, Arlington, King,

20. Morton Ranch, Keller, Pearce, Garland, Clear Springs, Little Elm, Marcus, Monterey

hmmmm, tougher than I thought. Help me out....how can we spread this out?

Is California the dark side? It's pretty damn sunny in Winter out here. cool.gif

+Quote Post
stanleytree
post Dec 19 2015, 02:12 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Maybe not the dark side but definitely the blue devils/patriots/Yankees

+Quote Post
Guest_ridgepoint_acdec_*
post Dec 19 2015, 03:18 AM
Post #12

Guests

You should probably separate this list into large school and medium school, but on the medium school level you need to consider adding Barbers Hill. They did very well at the Friendswood meet earlier and were competitive at Pearland with less than a full team. They are probably capable of 42,000+ this year.

+Quote Post
TinDefacto
post Dec 19 2015, 05:38 AM
Post #13

Turtlemaster.

All I know is that the Texas Regionals predictions thread (and the State one) is going to be very fun. popcorn.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Gurkha_*
post Dec 19 2015, 04:48 PM
Post #14

Guests

Feel free to post your own rankings...this is just for fun.

I dont have any scores for 7 Lakes and Taylor. Maybe its posted and I missed it or maybe those coaches have a legitimate reason restricting them from posting

Also....dont just go off Acdecapalooza "easy" or Rd 1.

You need to consider who improves faster throughout the season...example: Friendswood, Nimitz, HP have "closing" power down the stretch..in that order. Plus a team like Rockwall was sooooo far ahead at AcDecapalooza that its hard to "improve" your score ...unless maybe science and lit get harder ....that would be an advantage for Rockwall.

My team took the Rd 1 test 2 weeks before HP and Rockwall did at CDO. Buuuuttt...due to an electricity outage we were delayed...then...since we were delayed....a football State Playoff game started (not Coppell but Private Schools rented our Football Resort Kingdom) with a ridiculously loud PA announcer cranked with Rap music. The ($150 mil) stadium with instant replay giant screen and both our indoor football fields face my classroom. Therefore we stopped with Art and SS and completed them 2 weeks later. Kids gave mixed feedback wether it helped or hindered our score.

California is cool, not the dark side, I just am not involved with them. Feel free to start a discussion topic for "California Rankings"

This post has been edited by Gurkha: Dec 19 2015, 05:00 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_Gurkha_*
post Dec 19 2015, 05:21 PM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE (ridgepoint_acdec @ Dec 18 2015, 09:18 PM) *
You should probably separate this list into large school and medium school, but on the medium school level you need to consider adding Barbers Hill. They did very well at the Friendswood meet earlier and were competitive at Pearland with less than a full team. They are probably capable of 42,000+ this year.

Please do so

+Quote Post
post Dec 19 2015, 07:59 PM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE (Gurkha @ Dec 19 2015, 10:48 AM) *
Feel free to post your own rankings...this is just for fun.

I dont have any scores for 7 Lakes and Taylor. Maybe its posted and I missed it or maybe those coaches have a legitimate reason restricting them from posting

Also....dont just go off Acdecapalooza "easy" or Rd 1.

You need to consider who improves faster throughout the season...example: Friendswood, Nimitz, HP have "closing" power down the stretch..in that order. Plus a team like Rockwall was sooooo far ahead at AcDecapalooza that its hard to "improve" your score ...unless maybe science and lit get harder ....that would be an advantage for Rockwall.

My team took the Rd 1 test 2 weeks before HP and Rockwall did at CDO. Buuuuttt...due to an electricity outage we were delayed...then...since we were delayed....a football State Playoff game started (not Coppell but Private Schools rented our Football Resort Kingdom) with a ridiculously loud PA announcer cranked with Rap music. The ($150 mil) stadium with instant replay giant screen and both our indoor football fields face my classroom. Therefore we stopped with Art and SS and completed them 2 weeks later. Kids gave mixed feedback wether it helped or hindered our score.

California is cool, not the dark side, I just am not involved with them. Feel free to start a discussion topic for "California Rankings"

Seven Lakes and Taylor did not post on here, but it can reasonably be assumed that they improved to 31k+.

You speak of closing power, but you haven't mentioned Pearland-- they've been consistently thousands of points from Rockwall, yet as of R1 they're roughly 1000 points away, slightly less iirc. Granted, this is largely due to them regaining Jackson in the varsity division, but their competitors are increasing where others are decreasing/maintaining. Rockwall, for instance, started the season with a pretty demanding lead in Texas, yet is now just barely ahead of HP. Also on the subject of closing power, how did you not mention Dulles? They've been climbing very rapidly between competitions, going up ~1000 between easy and medium and another ~2000 between Medium and R1 (these are all from memory, everyonefeel free to correct me if I've misspoken).

On the subject of California, I clearly am also not involved with them. But you've gotta (begrudgingly) admit that they're kicking our butt as it stands right now. You say a team like Rockwall doesn't have much room to improve, yet there is Marshall (not to mention GHC and ECR who always jump throughout the season) that is improving despite its stellar scores. So while I do get that this is a "Texas rankings" page, the eventual goal would be to be able to say "Holy mother of Marshall, we have a reasonable chance against California!", which is something we haven't been able to say for a long while. We'll keep the Texas rankings on here, but we should also always have Cali in the back of our minds. points

+Quote Post
post Dec 19 2015, 08:26 PM
Post #17

Guests

Students' (much less informed) say on rankings
1: Dulles-HP-Rockwall (I know not even Dulles' coach believes this, but their growth has been astounding thus far)
4: Pearland-Heath-Coppell
7: Taylor-Seven Lakes-East (?)-Alice-Friendswood
12: Senior-Dobie-Wakeland-Pearce-Lubbock-Keller-Clements-Marcus-Clear Lake-Morton (okay I'm slightly biased)
22: Nimitz-Monterey-Centennial-Lone Star
26: Lubbock Coronado-Independence-Richardson-Irving-Frisco-Liberty (I know they didn't field a full team at R1, but I'm not sure where to place them)

As you can see, I have no clue about that middle portion of the top 20-ish area. I know I'm missing schools that you all would likely rank decently (King and Marcus come to mind) but I honestly have no idea where they are tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_nil_*
post Dec 20 2015, 04:21 AM
Post #18

Guests

This is a compilation of schools I've heard anything about from Round 1 or USAD leveled exams. Obviously it omits some typical big players and doesn't take into account improvement or missing people at different competitions.

1 Rockwall
2 Highland Park
3 Pearland
4 Rockwall Heath
5 Coppell
6 Dulles
7 Friendswood
8 James Taylor
9 Plano East
10 Seven Lakes
11 Alice
12 Dobie
13 Wakeland
14 Plano Senior
15 Clear Lake
16 Marcus
17 Keller
18 Pearce
19 Lubbock
20 Morton Ranch
21 Nimitz
22 Hebron
23 Lubbock Monterey
24 Frisco Centennial
25 Frisco Lone Star
26 Frisco Independence
27 Flower Mound
28 Mansfield Summit
29 Arlington
30 Irving
31 Richardson
32 Lewisville
33 South Garland
34 John Paul II
35 Little Elm
36 South Grand Prairie
37 Lubbock Coronado
38 Frisco Liberty
39 Frisco
40 Keller Timber Creek
41 Alvin
42 MacArthur
43 Keller Fossil Ridge
44 Berkner
45 Frisco Heritage
46 Earl Warren
47 Sam Houston
48 Ridge Point
49 Lake Highlands
50 Rowlett
51 Garland
52 ILTexas
53 Midland
54 Young Women's Leadership Academy
55 Brackenridge
56 Estacado
57 Talkington
58 Sachse
59 Central
60 Irma Rangel
61 Manvel
62 Lanier
63 Odessa New Tech
64 Highlands
65 Edison
66 Molina
67 School for Health Professions
68 Seagoville
69 Reedy
70 Fox Tech
71 Luther Burbank
72 Thomas Jefferson

This post has been edited by nil: Dec 20 2015, 04:43 AM

+Quote Post
TinDefacto
post Dec 20 2015, 08:20 AM
Post #19

Turtlemaster.

Hmm, still not 100% sure what's going on here, but guess I'll try my hand. tongue.gif

These are all quick non-rigorous predictions of how teams will be by State.

50k+
Rockwall, Highland Park, Dulles, Pearland, Rockwall-Heath, Coppell (6)

45k+
Alice, Seven Lakes, James E. Taylor, J. Frank Dobie, Liberty, Wakeland, Centennial, Morton Ranch, Friendswood, J.J. Pearce, Nimitz, Clear Lake, Clements, Plano East, Plano Senior, Barbers Hill (16)

40k+
Monterey, Lubbock, Lubbock Coronado, El Paso Coronado, Richard King, Taylor, Sam Champion, Klein Collins, Montgomery, Klein, Foster, Tompkins, Ridge Point, Edward S. Marcus, Irving, Creekview, Heritage, Lone Star, Frisco, Independence, Little Elm, Richardson, Garland, Keller, John Paul II (25)

Yes, I think at least 47 Texas schools will hit 40k. Yes, I'm crazy.

+Quote Post
stanleytree
post Dec 20 2015, 10:37 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

I hate to talk about inflation but it is definitely present this year, mainly in science. On top of that there is no brutal subject this year like their typically is. So having 10-12 teams over 50k in the country, if not more, seems fairly reasonable at this point.

Nick you're awesome but there is no way we should be considered a front runner. We have too many weaknesses to think we'll win.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 02:32 AM