Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Curriculum I'd Like to See...
zzzptm
post Jul 7 2016, 01:41 AM
Post #1

HRH, King of DemiDecTalk and of DDT Dominions Beyond the Seas

Group: Emeritus
Member No.: 1

Civil Rights History. Just finished almost 2 weeks on the road, visiting Civil Rights history sites, watching documentaries, and listening to music of the era. This is a topic whose time has certainly arrived. What's more, there are places literally all over the nation that teams can visit to see some of the places where the history happened.

Music would be awesome, if I was in charge... Mahalia Jackson, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Hank Ballard and the Midnighters, Sam Cooke, Smokey Robinson, Ruth Brown, The Isley Brothers, The Staple Singers, The Jackson Five, Isaac Hayes... In my mind, I know I could get all the rights at little to no cost. cool.gif Thing is, there is plenty more to choose from should one song or another not be available. And it's all so very good.

Literature would NOT be "Cry, the Beloved Country." We got stuff from the USA that can be used. How about one of Dr. King's books?

I'd have the science be behavioral science - there are some amazing things to learn about how the brain forms biases in the subconscious, not in the conscious mind. Knowing how people think is a key to understanding how they come into conflict with each other and how they can resolve conflicts.

In my mind, this is the topic for next year... smile.gif

--------------------
The "m" is silent and "Zzzptm" is only one syllable...
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
"Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 06:48 PM