IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CA Regional Competitions, Where are the CA decathletes?
Guest_TheWerg_*
post Feb 5 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #1

Guests

I know LA County had their subjectives last weekend, and I think a considerable number of other teams had theirs too. Objectives tomorrow. Anyone excited? I mean, for all the talk about a champion not from California, the odds are still overwhelmingly in favor of the champion coming out of my great state.

So, predictions? I'm gonna call Torrance in an upset over West in LA County, and I think we'll win public Superquiz tomorrow (half homer pick, half insider information), but I think both schools will put up some really competitive scores (as will Mark Keppel). Does anyone think Marshall can hold off ECR? I'm gonna say ECR will take it. How about University? Where will they be? I think they could be top 3 in the state.

Anyway, yeah, go California. But seriously, has anyone noticed how few California decathletes there are on this board? Especially in terms of regular posters. And especially considering how prominent it is there.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_laureus_*
post Feb 5 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #2

Guests

All the California decathletes are studying.

+Quote Post
Guest_overly_critical_man_*
post Feb 5 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #3

Guests

LAUSD hits 48k...possibly 49k. I'll bet that it's ECR that claws its way to another city title.

We all spend the rest of the season groaning. confused.gif

+Quote Post
madcap
post Feb 5 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 16

Will anyone webcast LAUSD or LA county?

+Quote Post
Guest_TheWerg_*
post Feb 5 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #5

Guests

I can post as I'm texted results but it's possible there will be someone in better position.

+Quote Post
Guest_TheWerg_*
post Feb 6 2010, 12:10 AM
Post #6

Guests

Last year, Dan couldn't since they had him hand out the medals. If that kind of thing comes up, I've confirmed that someone will text me the schools of division 1 medalists, and possibly the names. I can probably get a lot of scores later too.

+Quote Post
Guest_AK_WDB_*
post Feb 6 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #7

Guests

I'll be interested to see the LAUSD results. What about Moorpark this year?

+Quote Post
Guest_Andrew Hartman_*
post Feb 6 2010, 03:05 AM
Post #8

Guests

OCM, I don't think there's any way anyone will hit 49k. Potentially 48k for sure, but these math tests are brutal.

+Quote Post
Guest_TheWerg_*
post Feb 6 2010, 03:11 AM
Post #9

Guests

Doesn't CA get different tests?

And Will, Moorpark isn't competing. Jones left, and their program left with him, at least for this year.

+Quote Post
Guest_AK_WDB_*
post Feb 6 2010, 03:16 AM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (Andrew Hartman @ Feb 5 2010, 07:05 PM) *
OCM, I don't think there's any way anyone will hit 49k. Potentially 48k for sure, but these math tests are brutal.

2007 math tests were also brutal and there was a 49k. Don't underestimate LAUSD. They can find people who know how to do math.

+Quote Post
Guest_C.Haines_*
post Feb 6 2010, 03:44 AM
Post #11

Guests

QUOTE (AK_WDB @ Feb 5 2010, 09:16 PM) *

2007 math tests were also brutal and there was a 49k. Don't underestimate LAUSD. They can find people who know how to do math.

Don't underestimate these math tests. Michael perusse was one question away from perfect last year, and got a 600. For the VAST majority of students (from what I could tell), it came down to how well you can guess. From my (relatively vague) memories of the tests in 2007, this was harder. Not sure I can over emphasize this tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_AK_WDB_*
post Feb 6 2010, 03:57 AM
Post #12

Guests

My team's scores were not exceptionally bad, though. They weren't very good, but not a lot worse than I expected either.

+Quote Post
post Feb 6 2010, 04:48 AM
Post #13

Guests

LAUSD gets different tests, I'm pretty sure. And I will always overestimate LAUSD until they give me a reason not to.

+Quote Post
Guest_janowski_27_*
post Feb 6 2010, 05:08 AM
Post #14

Guests

this should be fun! I'm obv rooting for Cali, nationally, but as for LAUSD...I've no idea what's going to happen. Granada keeps sticking in my mind from their high Rd. 1 score and the simple fact that no one else is talking about them. I think we're going to have a tripartite competition here with Granada, ECR, and Marshall fighting it out at the top. In my mind, just because I know absolutely nothing else, I have Marshall with a close win over ECR, and Granada in a not too distant third.
Also, I know that a lot of heads asploded over the low Rd.1 score for NoHo. I'm calling them at fourth.

+Quote Post
Guest_Decado_*
post Feb 6 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #15

Guests

oh dear jeebus, it's today.

+Quote Post
Guest_Stealer of Souls_*
post Feb 6 2010, 02:57 PM
Post #16

Guests

Here we go! Time to see what we have been able to do to our 4839 point November deficit. popcorn.gif

+Quote Post
zzzptm
post Feb 6 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #17

The Fisher King

Group: Emeritus
Member No.: 1

SCORES! GIVE US THE SCORES!

--------------------
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko

+Quote Post
Guest_Andrew Hartman_*
post Feb 6 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #18

Guests

Is it at regionals that the awards are not til Monday or Tuesday?

+Quote Post
Guest_TheWerg_*
post Feb 6 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #19

Guests

For LA County, they're actually Thursday. LAUSD was the same day as LA County last year, not sure about this year. I might get a few scores out of my team today, and will definitely hear the winner of public SQ, but nothing more than that.

+Quote Post
post Feb 7 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #20

Guests

So, the super quiz is on tv right now. I don't feel like watching. lolololololololololololol

Seriously though...I'll update you guys if I can.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 07:21 PM