Westwood [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Other [ 2 ] ** [5.88%]
Total Votes: 34
Guests cannot vote 
Guest_BearMan_*
post Feb 8 2012, 07:46 AM
Post #1

Guests

Let's hear the predictions! Will Mt. Pointe continue on with the momentum of their surprise victory? Will one of the Big 3 overtake them? Or will someone like Hamilton lead by Mr. Bergauer come up and snatch it away?

Looking forward to it either way biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Research Monkey_*
post Feb 8 2012, 08:19 AM
Post #2

Guests

Honestly, I voted CDO.

There is no big three, only a big two.

Yeah, I said it. No one other than CDO and MVM have won since my almost alma mater Corona Del Sol took it in '01. It's tough to bet against CDO as the front runner of the two teams who really know how to win in this tournament.

+Quote Post
Guest_BearMan_*
post Feb 8 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (Research Monkey @ Feb 8 2012, 01:19 AM) *
Honestly, I voted CDO.

That hurts, RM. Hurts.

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Chuck's Back Up_*
post Feb 8 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE (Research Monkey @ Feb 8 2012, 04:19 AM) *
Honestly, I voted CDO.

Yeah, I said it. No one other than CDO and MVM have won since my almost alma mater Corona Del Sol took it in '01. It's tough to bet against CDO as the front runner of the two teams who really know how to win in this tournament.

The nice thing is about CDO is that their team load is more evenly spread across their members so pickup will be more team based than one or two individuals being behind.

+Quote Post
Guest_Herohito_*
post Feb 8 2012, 01:41 PM
Post #5

Guests

Can't vote against my own team, no matter the circumstance.
I'm expecting a 4k-5k rise of the top team just because of how competitive this competition will be.

This post has been edited by Herohito: Feb 8 2012, 01:49 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_Widget!_*
post Feb 8 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (Research Monkey @ Feb 8 2012, 01:19 AM) *
Honestly, I voted CDO.

I see what you're doing here. Didn't you predict someone else was going to win your region?

+Quote Post
stanleytree
post Feb 8 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 12

RM, the sandbag king of Arizona.

+Quote Post
acadecker
post Feb 8 2012, 05:16 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Group: Coach Class
Member No.: 25

Not that I think we will win, but how come we don't get a billing at #6, when you took #7 (and Dan Phan the Magic Man) Westwood???

The southside never gets any respect . . . This will now go up on our wall as classic bulliten board motivational "we've been dissed" material!!!

+Quote Post
Guest_BearMan_*
post Feb 8 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (acadecker @ Feb 8 2012, 10:16 AM) *
Not that I think we will win, but how come we don't get a billing at #6, when you took #7 (and Dan Phan the Magic Man) Westwood???

The southside never gets any respect . . . This will now go up on our wall as classic bulliten board motivational "we've been dissed" material!!!

Oops sorry Mr. Decker! I thought I had put up the top 6 scores. My apologies!

+Quote Post
Guest_Widget!_*
post Feb 8 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #10

Guests

No no no no, let it go, Christian. I wanna see how much of a motivator honor can be.

+Quote Post
acadecker
post Feb 8 2012, 07:26 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Actually, Dan (the coach of Westwood) and I are friends, so there is certainly no animosity there; however, we're both extremely competitive! I'm certain he was NOT a happy camper, concerning their precipitous drop in score. I would be willing to bet that they WILL outscore us, especially since South has a history of doing WORSE at State (now, if THAT isn't motivational material for any of my team reading this, I don't know what is!).

+Quote Post
Guest_BearMan_*
post Feb 8 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (acadecker @ Feb 8 2012, 12:26 PM) *
Actually, Dan (the coach of Westwood) and I are friends, so there is certainly no animosity there; however, we're both extremely competitive! I'm certain he was NOT a happy camper, concerning their precipitous drop in score. I would be willing to bet that they WILL outscore us, especially since South has a history of doing WORSE at State (now, if THAT isn't motivational material for any of my team reading this, I don't know what is!).

Gogo South Mountain! Maybe dye your hair pink again? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Research Monkey_*
post Feb 8 2012, 10:39 PM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE (BearMan @ Feb 8 2012, 02:00 AM) *
That hurts, RM. Hurts.

tongue.gif

It's not to neglect Red Mountain, because honestly they've put together some fantastic teams over the years--but so have Dobson, Westwood, Mountain Pointe, North Canyon, Corona, etc. But there have only been a dominant big two. That's the way I see the past.

QUOTE (Chuck's Back Up @ Feb 8 2012, 05:16 AM) *
The nice thing is about CDO is that their team load is more evenly spread across their members so pickup will be more team based than one or two individuals being behind.

I definitely think that's a double-edged sword. I think a more important consideration is to see who has already topped out and who has room for improvement. Sometimes the two coincide, like with Hamilton presently, for example. Stephen has an upper bound of perhaps adding another 300 points, so the rest of their gain needs to come from elsewhere. However, Mountain Pointe might benefit from some inequalities. Their only scoring team member that did not beat their respective CDO counterpart was their V2, who actually joined them in December. So in theory, that is a significant potential upside. Despite that, however, I think other members of their team have topped out already and that will hold them back.

QUOTE (Widget! @ Feb 8 2012, 09:57 AM) *
I see what you're doing here. Didn't you predict someone else was going to win your region?

I thought we could be in 3rd or 4th until we won 4/9 overall individual slots. Winning was a complete shock to everyone.

QUOTE (Herohito @ Feb 8 2012, 06:41 AM) *
Can't vote against my own team, no matter the circumstance.
I'm expecting a 4k-5k rise of the top team just because of how competitive this competition will be.

You'll need every point. Keep studying.

+Quote Post
stanleytree
post Feb 9 2012, 03:06 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 12

It's really a question of CDO can improve their subjectives, and if the veteran cool of Yetman and CDO will be able to help them make a big jump over Mtn. Pointe, and if MP can keep their huge upward trajectory since round 1. If they have rickshawman and RM on the job, they have some guys who know how to get it done over there. This will be extremely interesting, I wish I could go to AZ state this year too!

Whoever it is, I hope to see you at nationals smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_AK_WDB_*
post Feb 9 2012, 03:23 AM
Post #15

Guests

PTHBMB (point that has been made before):
All Arizona schools are named after large geographic features.

+Quote Post
Guest_me194_*
post Feb 9 2012, 04:29 AM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE (AK_WDB @ Feb 8 2012, 08:23 PM) *

Except, oddly enough, for all the schools in Chandler. We're named after people, like all the other boring schools in the country.

+Quote Post
Guest_Widget!_*
post Feb 9 2012, 05:07 AM
Post #17

Guests

QUOTE (AK_WDB @ Feb 8 2012, 08:23 PM) *

I went to Desert Valley Ridge Plant Color Canyon Field Vista Mountain High School.

+Quote Post
Guest_Herohito_*
post Feb 9 2012, 07:09 AM
Post #18

Guests

Everyone knows that it is an anomaly when a non-Mountain team is the winner in Arizona. except CDO I suppose.

This post has been edited by Herohito: Feb 9 2012, 07:15 AM

+Quote Post
acadecker
post Feb 9 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

So you're saying it's a good time to be a South Mountain?

Some schools at Regionals found themselves between a rock and a hard place . . .

+Quote Post
Guest_VarsityBoy_*
post Feb 11 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #20

Guests

QUOTE (Herohito @ Feb 9 2012, 07:09 AM) *
Everyone knows that it is an anomaly when a non-Mountain team is the winner in Arizona. except CDO I suppose.

COUGH CDO COUGH

edit: you think you're clever

This post has been edited by VarsityBoy: Feb 11 2012, 08:13 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 07:53 PM