Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2017 Topic- WORLD WAR 2
stanleytree
post May 2 2016, 05:08 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 12

Now that I'm looking at the music and listening to it in more detail- good god this sounds really good. Rhapsody in Blue, Crossroad Blue(!!), In the Mood, Fanfare for the Common Man, and American Salute are all either songs everyone already knows or they should. Ruth Crawford's String Quarter sounds phenomenal, and the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy sounds straight out of Fallout, and Quartet for the End of Times is haunting. I'm actually pretty excited about this despite the Tin Pan crap- I really can't stand it but it's super important and has to be covered (think modern pop in terms of producing the same styles to get radio plays). Pretty exciting stuff, they really cover a lot of the American styles of the era it seems- I think if they tried to cover Europe too, it would have been way to survey-level and pretty boring.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Evil Dr. Cal...
post May 2 2016, 05:47 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

At first glance, I love the curriculum: especially the music, art, and literature.

+Quote Post
Guest_Oishik_*
post May 4 2016, 07:20 PM
Post #43

Guests

Although the curriculum is very US-centric, I like the depth, and the literature and social science seem challenging enough. The literature has Virginia Woolf so it's gonna be pretty challenging lol (I still dislike "The Mark on the Wall"). I do hope they create reforms in the social science test; the social science tests this year had so many blatant mistakes which couldn't be caught because the questions had correct answers; the mistakes were on the answer key instead (Wrong answers).
I think the curriculum is a good culmination for the seniors; every aspect from the last three years is somehow represented in the curriculum this year. The science looks very interesting and its way better than this year (ecology is a soft science wink.gif ) and seems broad and challenging enough to make people actually work for the medals; however, it is starting to resemble the curriculum from last year with all the physics and chemistry. There were many mistakes on those tests, plus the curriculum name dropped a lot of ideas and terms and did not expound or elaborate on them. Thus the tests had many ties at state (namely the stage being filled with people because they just memorized terms); I hope they at least describe the scientific phenomena or explore why they occur.

Either way, it looks to be a very interesting year, sad there's no Schoenberg though.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 02:24 PM