Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scholar's Cup coming to Texas, Houston, April 17
stanleytree
post Mar 9 2011, 12:18 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 12

Finally, the moment a lot of Texans have been waiting for: WSC in TEXAS!!!! You only need three kids for a team, so costs will be way down; for those of you in Dallas or other parts of the state where it's hard to find a ride to Houston, try to find some fundraising ideas. Also, greyhounds are pretty cheap biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_tryingtothinkagain_*
post Mar 9 2011, 03:12 AM
Post #2

Guests

smurf YESSSSSSSSSSS

+Quote Post
Guest_alpaca_*
post Mar 9 2011, 09:03 AM
Post #3

Guests

More details! Hope to see many of you there.

+Quote Post
Guest_Jonesy_*
post Mar 9 2011, 09:07 AM
Post #4

Guests

Should have picked nebraska tongue.gif

+Quote Post
zzzptm
post Mar 9 2011, 11:47 PM
Post #5

The Fisher King

Group: Emeritus
Member No.: 1

He's trying to rope me into hosting, as well... will I be able to? We may soon find out...

--------------------
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko

+Quote Post
Guest_tdanderson_*
post Mar 11 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #6

Guests

It's definitely happening. I should know, I'm hosting it. I have the long to do list to prove it! Daniel owes me big time!

I hope to see everyone there! I am really excited to host it and for PHS to field our first ever WSC teams! Let me know if you have any questions! smile.gif

QUOTE (zzzptm @ Mar 10 2011, 12:47 AM) *
He's trying to rope me into hosting, as well... will I be able to? We may soon find out...

Yeah, resist! I should have! LOL j/k!

+Quote Post
Guest_zenmaster_*
post Mar 12 2011, 02:43 AM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (tdanderson @ Mar 11 2011, 06:42 PM) *
It's definitely happening. I should know, I'm hosting it. I have the long to do list to prove it! Daniel owes me big time!

I hope to see everyone there! I am really excited to host it and for PHS to field our first ever WSC teams! Let me know if you have any questions! smile.gif

QUOTE (zzzptm @ Mar 10 2011, 12:47 AM) *

Yeah, resist! I should have! LOL j/k!

Do all the events take place on that Saturday?
I'd love some feedback from coaches who have fielded a team. Given the decade it's taken to figure out decathlon, I am pondering this.

+Quote Post
Guest_tdanderson_*
post Mar 13 2011, 03:35 AM
Post #8

Guests

yes, they do. PM me your email address and I will send you the sample schedule we came up with. smile.gif

It's not as hard as I thought it would be. I just met with my kids and formed teams a few days ago, and gave them the material. It took me a bit to understand the format, but I do now. And if there's anything I don't understand, I will just bug Daniel incessantly until he tells me what I need to know. tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 11:51 AM