IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Test Scores, If you want to compare test scores on USAD tests, look within...
The Evil Dr. Cal...
post Sep 24 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hey folks,

Anyone have scores from the Practice Test Booklet or the USAD Leveled Exams that they'd like to share? At CDO we're beginning to take some of these and, as always, I'm curious about how we stack up.

The team is taking the Art Practice Test today, as the unit exam for our art studies. We'll be taking the Art, Economics and Literature USAD Leveled (Easy) tests on Thursday as part of our first mini-scrimmage of the year.

Thanks!

--EDC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Gear_*
post Sep 24 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #2

Guests

We'll be taking the USAD easy tests (all 7 although we will not have completed our first full read of any of the resources) on October 3rd.

+Quote Post
The Evil Dr. Cal...
post Sep 24 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

The Art Practice test is pretty awful. There are several questions that have two correct answers. Bleh. Only three kids scored over 40/50.

+Quote Post
Guest_JSK_*
post Sep 25 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #4

Guests

The music practice test is probably worse. I got the impression that whoever wrote it read through the booklet once through. The published version of my practice test analysis is in fact slightly less negative than the original. facepalm.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_J Eberhard_*
post Sep 25 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #5

Guests

Alice taking USAD Practice Booklet on Oct. 16 to narrow down to 12 kids (4 per division) for the competitions that require travel. Taking Demi Dec Levels (easy on Sept 28, med. on Oct. 9, hard on Nov. 20) as part of prep for Round One which will be used to choose the final team.

+Quote Post
Guest_spartandecathlon_*
post Sep 26 2010, 03:31 AM
Post #6

Guests

We've done the SQ, SS, Art, and Music (Monday) USAD Easy Lvl test. LL will be next week.

We do the PT for our Intra-Squad Meet in Nov.

Then we will be in Pearland for Rd. 1.

+Quote Post
acadecker
post Sep 26 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: Coach Class
Member No.: 25

Our district ordered the USAD test package, but I have yet to see anything . . . maybe we'll get it in March . . .

I've been giving the Demidec section exams over each section of each subject area as we go through them, but that's not a representative test of the whole enchilada. Having some actual USAD exams to try on for size would be good, but as of yet, we don't have any except the one set of practice exams. I guess I could give those; in fact, fall break is coming up after next week, and we're going to meet a few times during the break for some all-day study sessions on economics and math, just because we don't have time to cover those in class before our district meet in November. If I give two tests a day, we could go through most of the practice tests during the break, and then I'll get back to you.

My Super Sophomores are looking like they'll be the Honors group this year. They're getting a lot of good experience, and they've gone from treading water (last year) to looking competent (this year). I have hopes (I always have those) that the three of them will get near or break the 7,000 point barrier. If they can all do that as Sophomores, their next two years should get better and better.

Of course, I'm not talking about a World-Class Team here; we're happy to make State every year and be competitive in our Region. Hopefully, I can get some USAD tests and give it a shot at seeing how we stack up.

+Quote Post
zzzptm
post Sep 28 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #8

The Fisher King

Group: Emeritus
Member No.: 1

We just did the DemiDec Level 1 and Level 2 tests in Soc. Sci. and Art.

Level 1 results are in my co-coach's room, but we had our top honors score 980 on SS and 760 on Art. We had a 900 on SS and numerous 800s to boot. Art was more in the 600s for our top scoring kids.

After telling everyone to cram on Art, we gave the Level 2 exams today. Here's the scores, in a SS/Art format:

Honors
1000 / 900
700 / 660
660 / 580
500 / 480
500 / 440
460 / 460

Scholastic
800 / 780
780 / 620
720 / 660
600 / 460
600 / 420
520 / 440

Varsity
700 / 440
640 / 500
540 / 260

The last 3 honors are students getting ready for the future, as are two of the lower-scoring scholastics. The varsities need to get cracking, but the one we added last week is in the #2 spot.

And, yes, our 980/760 made it to 1000/900 on the Level 2 tests. He's coming for Mr. Xu!

I encourage all coaches to share scores: it's like having an online meet when we do so!

--------------------
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko

+Quote Post
Guest_spartandecathlon_*
post Sep 28 2010, 10:42 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (zzzptm @ Sep 28 2010, 04:49 PM) *
And, yes, our 980/760 made it to 1000/900 on the Level 2 tests. He's coming for Mr. Xu!

Jonathan has enough to worry about on his own team, he's not thinking about kids from other schools. Petsalis, Liu, and Tran are giving him all he can handle at the moment. And that does not include Sirus, or the sophomore newbs.

Are those DemiDec SS tests easier than the USAD ones? Because that USAD SS Lvl One kicked our butt!

Dean, if you want to exchange scores, email me: johnpirish@gmail.com But we've done none of the DemiDec tests yet. We don't break those out till we select the team in January. And from what I've been told from other coaches, the DemiDec and USAD tests are not all that comparable.

This post has been edited by spartandecathlon: Sep 29 2010, 01:44 AM

+Quote Post
The Evil Dr. Cal...
post Sep 29 2010, 03:53 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

I think I was smoking craculus. Those scores came from different tests. More on that, later.

+Quote Post
Guest_J Eberhard_*
post Sep 29 2010, 04:33 AM
Post #11

Guests

USAD SQ Easy Level:
Honors:

Schol:

Varsity:

Also took Demi Dec Level Easy. Don't have grades but kids told me it was a lot easier than USAD. Will post them soon.

+Quote Post
Guest_dog_*
post Sep 29 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #12

Guests

I'm not sure about the difficulty of SS on the USAD tests, but I've found the online questions that USAD provides are noticeably more difficult than any other questions, even to the point where I believe I could score better on math.

+Quote Post
zzzptm
post Sep 29 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #13

The Fisher King

Going to take the USAD Easy tests today in SS and Art: I'll have scores tomorrow after we run 'em in the Scantron.

--------------------
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko

+Quote Post
Guest_spartandecathlon_*
post Sep 30 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #14

Guests

QUOTE (dog @ Sep 29 2010, 12:06 PM) *
I'm not sure about the difficulty of SS on the USAD tests, but I've found the online questions that USAD provides are noticeably more difficult than any other questions, even to the point where I believe I could score better on math.

I think all the USAD test are relatively difficult, in relation to their designation of easy, medium, or hard. Of course, they have been known to get those mixed up in the past as well. We did the SQ and SS the first two weeks of school also, so that might explain the slow jump. Sirus, Jonathan, and Matt (our three returners from last years team) were ordered to do nothing AD related over the summer. So they are slowly getting back into the swing of things.

Only a few coaches have done both USAD and DD level tests so far, and most are indicating a rather large difference in difficulty level.

+Quote Post
zzzptm
post Sep 30 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #15

The Fisher King

USAD "Easy" tests were pretty rough on our kids, relative to the DemiDec Level 1 and 2 exams. I'm saving the "Hard" tests for later, but I'm tempted to give out the "Medium" ones right now to see if they're any worse than the "Easy" ones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_westsubury_*
post Sep 30 2010, 05:24 PM
Post #16

Guests

SQ USAD Practice (top scoring divisions so far)

H - 975
H - 900
H - 900

S - 925
S - 900
S - 875

V - 700
V - 775
V - 625

+Quote Post
Guest_spartandecathlon_*
post Sep 30 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #17

Guests

QUOTE (westsubury @ Sep 30 2010, 12:24 PM) *
SQ USAD Practice (top scoring divisions so far)

H - 975
H - 900
H - 900

S - 925
S - 900
S - 875

V - 700
V - 775
V - 625

This is the USAD Practice Test Booklet? Those are some salty scores!

+Quote Post
Guest_Gear_*
post Sep 30 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #18

Guests

QUOTE (zzzptm @ Sep 30 2010, 07:39 AM) *
USAD "Easy" tests were pretty rough on our kids, relative to the DemiDec Level 1 and 2 exams. I'm saving the "Hard" tests for later, but I'm tempted to give out the "Medium" ones right now to see if they're any worse than the "Easy" ones.

Post 'em.

+Quote Post
Guest_Stealer of Souls_*
post Oct 1 2010, 03:29 AM
Post #19

Guests

Tests?! I laugh at the notion of testing. I'm meeting a room full of potential decathletes for the first time on Monday to begin the quest for "Redemption." popcorn.gif

+Quote Post
The Evil Dr. Cal...
post Oct 1 2010, 03:48 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

USAD Leveled Easy Scores:

http://demidectalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1022&hl=

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 11:35 PM