> Dreams, Because sometimes they're too weird not to talk about
Jonesy
post Jun 27 2009, 05:00 AM
Post #21

Captain Hypertension

Group: Usual Suspects
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (iMatt @ Jun 26 2009, 11:53 PM) *
I've attempted to dream lucidly, and only half succeeded, mostly I do like OCM and guide my invincible dream fists on a path of destruction.

@Jonesy: Jung's collective unconscious is pretty wild, there's no basis in like, science or anything, but it sort of brings the whole instincts passed on from generation to generation to the table. Also it makes me feel like a telepath or something.

Woo.

I've read about the collective unconscious, and think it's crap, though interesting. I just don't remember much else about Jung, though I suppose if you mentioned something I'd remember. (Yay recognition over recall)

Also, ZZ, while lucid dreaming, when you have PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWA!, the best you can think of is to re-create the Care Bear universe? Admittedly, if you had that power irl, I'd support your choice to use it that way, but when dreaming.... No flying... nothing?

Pic related

--------------------
QUOTE (Crow @ Mar 30 2010, 12:24 AM) *
Jonesy, who is, of course, the measurement of all things manly on this site
QUOTE (zzzptm @ Nov 9 2009, 10:29 PM) *
JBroms is the voice of reason
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
glam407
post Jun 27 2009, 05:03 AM
Post #22

VID

Group: Yellow Perils
Member No.: 10

Well, i woke up yesterday, dreaming that I was falling. It happens alot. Then i wake up.
.__. I havent even fallen off my bed in like...a year!

But, 2 weeks ago, I was eaten by a magenta spider with a Britney Spears head...I'm weird

--------------------
Little Lid Kid Vid.

+Quote Post
overly_critical_...
post Jun 27 2009, 05:14 AM
Post #23

You and me, we're gonna be just fine.

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (glam407 @ Jun 26 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Well, i woke up yesterday, dreaming that I was falling. It happens alot. Then i wake up.
.__. I havent even fallen off my bed in like...a year!

But, 2 weeks ago, I was eaten by a magenta spider with a Britney Spears head...I'm weird

Yeah, I can't explain that falling feeling either. I mean...I'm laying in my bed. What the f?

Nothing beats a path of destruction via lucid dreaming. It's like everyone around you in the dream suddenly goes "Holy crap! He's unlocked the matrix!"

--------------------

I'm never that far, no matter where you are.

+Quote Post
Gnome_0
post Jun 28 2009, 01:23 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Group: Blue Man Group
Member No.: 184

Dream 1: I dreamed that Kurt Cobain was targeted for assassination by DC comic book villians.

Dream 2: A lucid dream where I just went around flying into people for no other reason but to see the look on their face and to hear them say "WHAT THE SMURF WAS THAT?!?!?"

Dream 3: I was part of the resistance to take back planet earth from the evil dictator.

Dream 4: (Very sad actually) I dreamed that I was trying to chop my way through a jungle with a machete. I finally got out only to find a flat piece of dirt land. I turned around to go back to wherever I had come from only to see everyone in the world come after me to kill me. I was the only one with a weapon so I start killing them. It started out with me killing those I loved first and then to those I didn't really like. After it was done, I find my best friend and spend the rest of the dream crying until she demateriallized into moths and flew away.

--------------------

Snake on funny man
Robert Benfer Knoxs

+Quote Post
rickshawman
post Jun 28 2009, 01:39 AM
Post #25

A Decathlete No More :\

Group: Orange Crushers
Member No.: 56

i dreamed that my girlfriend (who is in europe and can't email/communicate to me for the next week and a half) emailed me and posted on my facebook. i woke up kind of bitterly disappointed, because i know that it was incredibly improbable that this actually happened, because she's not allowed to access a computer. so i didn't bother checking my email. later, i sign on to view some college information, and there's an email from her sitting in my inbox.

i concluded that i must be a prophet or a seer.

i also had a vivid dream about a new ramen shop opening in my neighborhood area. it was like a lounge, and they had couches and things like that, but they served all sorts of ramen and assorted asian pastries and stuff. i was actually biting into a bun that was filled with shredded pork and this delicious barbeque-ish sauce in my dream, it was so, so good.

clearly, the results of watching food network and reading 80 chapters of naruto before going to bed.

--------------------
Mountain Pointe Decathlon 2005 - 2009
Arizona Overall High Scorer 2009

+Quote Post
overly_critical_...
post Jun 28 2009, 01:54 AM
Post #26

QUOTE (rickshawman @ Jun 27 2009, 06:39 PM) *
and reading 80 chapters of naruto before going to bed.

Sakura sucks. ocmyay.jpg

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chloe
post Jun 28 2009, 03:49 AM
Post #27

So wuvwee

Group: Pink Panthers
Member No.: 12

Last night, someone called for my mom while she was out. I wrote it down, but forgot to tell her when she came in. Then I dreamed last night a replay of that night, only with an alternate ending where I told her that she had a call and she thanked me.

This morning she yelled at me for not telling her that her friend called. Only when I woke up this morning, I thought that I had told her, because I dreamed that I had.

I realized there was a problem with this when I could play out the scene in my mind with two different endings.

This post has been edited by Chloe: Jun 28 2009, 03:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Captaink
post Jun 28 2009, 03:58 AM
Post #28

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Group: Emeritus
Member No.: 61

In high school I would dream that I woke up, took a shower and went to school. Then my mom started yelling that I was late for school, to which I would respond "leave me alone! I'm at school!"

This was a daily occurrence...

--------------------
If you get off of school grounds, kiss your ass goodbye as you’re now faced with angry centaurs, hungry spiders, and every variety of evil, man slaughtering mythical beast you can think of. Including trees. There’s a freaking tree that can kill people.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatrioitic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
- Theodore Roosevelt
Editorial in the Kansas City Star May 7, 1918

+Quote Post
Chloe
post Jun 28 2009, 04:02 AM
Post #29

So wuvwee

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Captaink @ Jun 27 2009, 11:58 PM) *
In high school I would dream that I woke up, took a shower and went to school. Then my mom started yelling that I was late for school, to which I would respond "leave me alone! I'm at school!"

This was a daily occurrence...

Oh yeah, the dream of hitting the alarm's off button a billion times but it keeps buzzing and you say to yourself "well maybe if I keep hitting it" and then you realize your arm isn't moving

I remember that dream well

--------------------

+Quote Post
overly_critical_...
post Jun 28 2009, 04:23 AM
Post #30

I hate it when you have a dream during a time of great stress, where your problem gets solved in a real life logical way and the dream seems completely real to the point where you wake up and you think it actually did occur, only for you to find out that your life still sucks.

It's like you're trolling yourself. I mean...what the f, brain!?

--------------------

+Quote Post
zzzptm
post Jun 28 2009, 04:28 AM
Post #31

HRH, King of DemiDecTalk and of DDT Dominions Beyond the Seas

Member No.: 1

Jonesy: I guess you don't get it... but why should I be selfish in a lucid dream? I want to use them to learn things I can't learn while awake. It's a waste of an opportunity to treat it like an amusement park.

--------------------
The "m" is silent and "Zzzptm" is only one syllable...
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
"Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

+Quote Post
AD_B
post Jun 28 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #32

Chief of Velociraptor Hunting.

Member No.: 100

In my dreams, I can never stay on the ground anymore. Like, my dreams will be different, but for some reason, gravity just doesn't seem to have as much of a hold on me as other people. I just kind of float around, like I'm walking on the moon. It's odd, and a little annoying when I'm trying to go somewhere in a hurry.

For example:
Last night, I dreamed that I was staying in a house with my two brothers (I'm an only child irl, so this was odd) and some older guy (I think he was supposed to be my cousin or something) while our parents were... gone. I don't know where they were, but they just kind of left me to watch those kids. So, anyway, a guy invaded our house and was trying to kill us, so everyone hid. The little boys hid in the attic, in a safe room under the floor (which doesn't really make sense, but whatev), and the older guy jumped through a window on the second story and ran away. I was in my room on the first floor, trying to figure out a place to go. The intruded-guy was coming down the stairs, so I jumped (or, glided rather) out of my window and ran down the street.

I hate running from people in dreams, because you can never run fast enough. It was like that last night, too. The street was wet and slippery with soggy leaves, and I was barefoot, so I had to be careful. On top of that, I kept bouncing into the air and floating around, and I couldn't come down. The intruder guy saw that I was out of the house and he started screaming and running after me, so I broke into someone else's house and was asking the hippy-lady inside for help.

She was all like, "Sure, do you want some iced tea?" I kept trying to convince her to help me, but she just wanted to sit on her porch. So, I floated away and left everything behind.

I'll post more of my trippy dreams later. But, I must also add that I have lucid dreams quite a bit. When I was a young child, I would use it to change my nightmares into more pleasant dreams or wake myself up (which is harder, but still manageable). Now, I usually dream myself into a happier version of my everyday life.

--------------------
I should have been brave enough to just ask your name
instead of screaming "I cannot contain my lust"
now
you probably think
I'm a creep

+Quote Post
AK_WDB
post Jun 28 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #33

Chief of the Polar Bear Army

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 16

I dreamed this.

+Quote Post
Stanley Tree
post Jun 28 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #34

Don't compare my beat with his...

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 14

I dreamed this

--------------------
Academic Decathlon Coach, Dulles High School
2017 Texas Large School State Champion
AP World History teacher
Former Varsity Head Coach, Girls Soccer

Pearland High School '08
2008 Team State champion
2008 Varsity State champion

“It’s all these guys. They’ve been with us for a while. They believe in each other. They put up with me and go out and do it better the next day. They’ve got the courage of a lion.” - Frank Martin

+Quote Post
Captaink
post Jun 28 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #35

Dream: My family and I are trying to pack an absurd amount of luggage into a rental car that keeps getting smaller....

--------------------
If you get off of school grounds, kiss your ass goodbye as you’re now faced with angry centaurs, hungry spiders, and every variety of evil, man slaughtering mythical beast you can think of. Including trees. There’s a freaking tree that can kill people.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatrioitic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
- Theodore Roosevelt

+Quote Post
Jonesy
post Jun 28 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #36

Captain Hypertension

Group: Usual Suspects
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Captaink @ Jun 28 2009, 03:16 PM) *
Dream: My family and I are trying to pack an absurd amount of luggage into a rental car that keeps getting smaller....

That actually happens to me whenever I travel with my mother. If I fill a school backpack with clothes/supplies for a trip, it will take her a 3ftx2ftx1ft suitcase and a ginormous purse in order to get all of her stuff.

--------------------
QUOTE (Crow @ Mar 30 2010, 12:24 AM) *
Jonesy, who is, of course, the measurement of all things manly on this site
QUOTE (zzzptm @ Nov 9 2009, 10:29 PM) *
JBroms is the voice of reason

+Quote Post
rickshawman
post Jun 28 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #37

A Decathlete No More :\

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Jonesy @ Jun 28 2009, 04:37 PM) *

That actually happens to me whenever I travel with my mother. If I fill a school backpack with clothes/supplies for a trip, it will take her a 3ftx2ftx1ft suitcase and a ginormous purse in order to get all of her stuff.

you also happen to be a man, and she happens to be a woman. i think that's how those things work. just some natural law. my mom and dad were packing for our trip tomorrow; 20% of the suitcase was my dad's stuff, the other 80% was my mom's.

--------------------
Mountain Pointe Decathlon 2005 - 2009
Arizona Overall High Scorer 2009

+Quote Post
Captaink
post Jun 29 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #38

QUOTE (rickshawman @ Jun 28 2009, 06:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Jonesy @ Jun 28 2009, 04:37 PM) *

you also happen to be a man, and she happens to be a woman. i think that's how those things work. just some natural law. my mom and dad were packing for our trip tomorrow; 20% of the suitcase was my dad's stuff, the other 80% was my mom's.

I don't think you understand. We started loading our bags into a pickup truck, but when we turned to get another bag, it became an audi station wagon. Then it became a little sedan...

--------------------

- Theodore Roosevelt

+Quote Post
AD_B
post Jun 29 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #39

Chief of Velociraptor Hunting.

Member No.: 100

DUBYA TEE EFF
what is with the floating around in my dreams, it gets really old

--------------------
I should have been brave enough to just ask your name
instead of screaming "I cannot contain my lust"
now
you probably think
I'm a creep

+Quote Post
iMatt
post Jun 29 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #40

Admiral and Love Guru Adama

Member No.: 8

Last night I dreamt that it was the day before a nuclear war started, everyone knew, and had time to prepare or not, depending on what they wanted. The dream was basically me calling all my friends and finding out I was the only one heading to one of the mass shelters. The rest had simply accepted their fate. I traveled to Chicago, where the shelter was was, and set up shop where I would likely be living for some time. At the end of the day I walked to the entrance to find all my friends standing there, seemingly happy. I begged for them to come in, but they wouldn't budge, and the door closed shut on them. A bit afterwards I heard gargantuan booms, the room was shaking, the lights flickering, but I lived. No one else did though, no one that I knew at least. I was literally doomed in this dream to living out the rest of my life with people who felt as horrible as I, with survivor's guilt.

--------------------

Funk Mission
RIP MYSGSAB Never Forget :p

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 02:19 AM