Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dreams, Because sometimes they're too weird not to talk about
iMatt
post Jun 26 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #1

Admiral and Love Guru Adama

Group: Orange Crushers
Member No.: 8

We needed a dream thread, some of them are hilarious, some are scary, and some are just plain bizarre.

Impetus for the thread provided by: Last Night, a mixture of two dreams steadily increasing in bizarreness.

D1: Mysteriously, I and a group of ~15 people are trapped living in an aqueduct, water is rising steadily until our chief engineer (who turns out to be Tyrell from BSG, the chief mechanic or what have you) figures out how to lower the water level using a fancy control board. All is well. Till the zombies come (this theme follows into the next, far more vivid, far less funny dream). To escape these shambling horrors we take off in a Gundam, which I assume we had laying around and didn't use to escape said aqueduct because we're so damn cool.

The rest of the dream is spent quarrelling over who gets to pilot the thing, and subsequently fire gigantic lasers at hordes of zombies. Also somehow a government agency is involved in this apocalyptic dream. I assume they're evil.

D2: After waking up to my alarm clock, I decided "screw you", and set it for 2 hours later. When I next slipped into dreamland, there were still zombies, not quite so many of them though, which is scarier, personally. However I was with a group of my friends (the Gang, as we call ourselves irl), in my car, being chased by thugs (who weren't zombies, I assume it was that asian dude from The Hangover, same car). Well for some reason all of a sudden my friends are gone save NMG. Aaaand we're pulling into the parking lot of the place I work, she gets out while I go inside to inquire as to why zombies are everywhere and why asian street gangs are prowling the streets. Perhaps it was because I drive a honda, who knows. Anywho, I emerge to see her being persued by a mass of zombies. I wake here for a moment and my heart is quite literally pounding, only to fall quickly back into the same dream. I get in my car and drive around towards where she was, only to see her no where. I drive down the road a bit and see a police officer, after crashing my car in an attempt to park it (not to mention nearly rolling it and pushing myself back to the right way up with my own two hands), I ask officer friendly if he's seen a girl being chased by a zombie horde. He says to check the smoking pile of rubble yards from me.

Damn

I walk over, get REALLY angry to the point where I wake in a fit again and fall back in. Now however she's just standing there (a bit bruised and battered, so my dreams have realistic battle damage), this does quite a bit for my mood, and likely my sleep ( I woke up with a headache today!). We drive around for a bit hitting the undead with my white chariot called "Honda", all is well. As a bonus, the last thing I remember before the alarm clock blared once more is us walking into a hotel. Which is still running for some reason after the zombie apocalypse, but it's a dream, get off my sack it's gonna have plot holes. In either case I'm going into a hotel with her, good show, zombies, good show.

Now to be off.

--------------------

Funk Mission
RIP MYSGSAB Never Forget :p
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zzzptm
post Jun 26 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #2

HRH, King of DemiDecTalk and of DDT Dominions Beyond the Seas

Group: Emeritus
Member No.: 1

I recently had a dream in which I was aware I was dreaming, then woke up from that dream and was talking about it.

Then I woke up for reals and realized I was aware I was dreaming in a dream, but not dreaming as a whole.

--------------------
The "m" is silent and "Zzzptm" is only one syllable...
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko
"Plan B is Plan A with an element of panic." -- John Clarke

+Quote Post
JBroms
post Jun 26 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #3

Connoisseur of Cheese

Group: Soylent Greens
Member No.: 13

You can't beat a dream that has "Smells like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana playing in ambient background noise the whole time.

--------------------
QUOTE (Widget! @ Mar 21 2012, 06:17 PM) *
Good varsities simply are; I'm honestly not sure there's any sort of rubric or trend.

QUOTE (dizzyizzy @ May 19 2012, 11:19 PM) *
"Soda" is the "Acadeca" of slang terms for carbonated beverages.

McDowell RECORD Varsity
I was the third-highest varsity in pa history for all of a month and a half.
....and now I'm just a washed up old gamer.
twitch.tv steam: http://twitch.tv/jbroms
(Self-Proclaimed) Patron Saint of the Varsities

+Quote Post
Jonesy
post Jun 26 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #4

Captain Hypertension

Group: Usual Suspects
Member No.: 51

I just had a dream that I got drafted, and my drill sergeant poisoned us, so I flipped out and tried to fight him, and we tore the room we were in apart. Then he turned into Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror, only he had fangs to, and then I woke up to discover that I missed my chem class....

--------------------
QUOTE (Crow @ Mar 30 2010, 12:24 AM) *
Jonesy, who is, of course, the measurement of all things manly on this site
QUOTE (zzzptm @ Nov 9 2009, 10:29 PM) *
JBroms is the voice of reason

+Quote Post
Stanley Tree
post Jun 26 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #5

Don't compare my beat with his...

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (JBroms @ Jun 26 2009, 05:19 PM) *
You can't beat a dream that has "Smells like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana playing in ambient background noise the whole time.

Yes you can.

--------------------
Academic Decathlon Coach, Dulles High School
2017 Texas Large School State Champion
AP World History teacher
Former Varsity Head Coach, Girls Soccer

Pearland High School '08
2008 Team State champion
2008 Varsity State champion

“It’s all these guys. They’ve been with us for a while. They believe in each other. They put up with me and go out and do it better the next day. They’ve got the courage of a lion.” - Frank Martin

+Quote Post
TheWerg
post Jun 26 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #6

Major Major Major Major

Group: Yellow Perils
Member No.: 48

The worst night of dreams I ever had was one in which every time I went back to sleep, I would die in some way. I kept waking up all freaked out, being afraid to go back to sleep, but being so tired I had to, and going through it again. I swear I died at least ten times that night. Agh so horrible.

--------------------
"Slowly, I began to see--as if a veil had lifted--the tortured shadow of Cain everywhere, within me and without, his many cultural reincarnations parading through my mind like frames projected on a cyclorama. He was the first city-builder. Perhaps the father of science and philosophy. His war was with God, the Father who spurned him. Of the two--him and Abel--only Cain possessed subjectivity. A complex inner life. It was said that Western man himself was Cain, cursed with the burden of restlessness and the endless quest for selfhood."

+Quote Post
Captaink
post Jun 26 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #7

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Member No.: 61

I had a dream with the trix rabbit and one of the rice krispies guys. That was a weird one...

--------------------
If you get off of school grounds, kiss your ass goodbye as you’re now faced with angry centaurs, hungry spiders, and every variety of evil, man slaughtering mythical beast you can think of. Including trees. There’s a freaking tree that can kill people.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatrioitic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
- Theodore Roosevelt
Editorial in the Kansas City Star May 7, 1918

+Quote Post
zzzptm
post Jun 27 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (TheWerg @ Jun 26 2009, 04:47 PM) *
The worst night of dreams I ever had was one in which every time I went back to sleep, I would die in some way. I kept waking up all freaked out, being afraid to go back to sleep, but being so tired I had to, and going through it again. I swear I died at least ten times that night. Agh so horrible.

I know a guy who dies in his dreams so often, he's jaded to the experience. He just watches death come to him dispassionately.

He makes some wild art based on his dreams...

--------------------
"The world could perish if people only worked on things that were easy to handle." -- Vladimir Savchenko

+Quote Post
JBroms
post Jun 27 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #9

Connoisseur of Cheese

Reading this thread while listening to Dream Theater makes me wonder what a dream would be like if i fell asleep listening to Dream Theater.

I'm gonna do it!

--------------------
Good varsities simply are; I'm honestly not sure there's any sort of rubric or trend.

McDowell RECORD Varsity

+Quote Post
Chloe
post Jun 27 2009, 03:28 AM
Post #10

So wuvwee

Group: Pink Panthers
Member No.: 12

When I was little, I used to dream all the time that I had to kill E.T. before he killed me and everyone I loved. It was...actually terrible.

QUOTE (zzzptm @ Jun 26 2009, 08:01 PM) *

Yes...*taps chin pensively*...yes I like that...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jonesy
post Jun 27 2009, 03:40 AM
Post #11

Captain Hypertension

QUOTE (Chloe @ Jun 26 2009, 10:28 PM) *
When I was little, I used to dream all the time that I had to kill E.T. before he killed me and everyone I loved. It was...actually terrible.

ET? Wow....

Does anyone else "recycle" people/places from nightmares. I'm not just talking about recurring dreams, but like, having a certain place/person/thing always pop up in nightmares. I have one "monster" that has been in my nightmares for my whole life. The thing is, I don't have the same dream with him, it's like TV episodes or video game levels. Am I the only person who has dreams turn into sequels/series....?

--------------------

+Quote Post
overly_critical_...
post Jun 27 2009, 03:43 AM
Post #12

You and me, we're gonna be just fine.

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (Jonesy @ Jun 26 2009, 08:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Chloe @ Jun 26 2009, 10:28 PM) *

ET? Wow....

Does anyone else "recycle" people/places from nightmares. I'm not just talking about recurring dreams, but like, having a certain place/person/thing always pop up in nightmares. I have one "monster" that has been in my nightmares for my whole life. The thing is, I don't have the same dream with him, it's like TV episodes or video game levels. Am I the only person who has dreams turn into sequels/series....?

There's this one chick that always appears in my dreams and I'm always either married to her or dating her. It's pretty funny, actually.

Does anyone ever try to take control of their dreams? Every once in a while, I find myself kicking everyone's ass because I allow myself to. It's a really weird feeling, though.

--------------------

I'm never that far, no matter where you are.

+Quote Post
Jonesy
post Jun 27 2009, 03:53 AM
Post #13

Captain Hypertension

QUOTE (overly_critical_man @ Jun 26 2009, 10:43 PM) *
Does anyone ever try to take control of their dreams? Every once in a while, I find myself kicking everyone's ass because I allow myself to. It's a really weird feeling, though.

I try, but I never can. I can rarely control my own actions, usually my dreams are more like vague ideas of things happening, and I'm almost always watching myself do something, or I'm on autopilot. It's not that someone else has control of my actions, it's just I'm so detached from myself that I just kinda watch what happens.

Hmm, a psych would have a field day on that post....

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheWerg
post Jun 27 2009, 03:55 AM
Post #14

Major Major Major Major

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (overly_critical_man @ Jun 26 2009, 08:43 PM) *

Yes.

--------------------
"Slowly, I began to see--as if a veil had lifted--the tortured shadow of Cain everywhere, within me and without, his many cultural reincarnations parading through my mind like frames projected on a cyclorama. He was the first city-builder. Perhaps the father of science and philosophy. His war was with God, the Father who spurned him. Of the two--him and Abel--only Cain possessed subjectivity. A complex inner life. It was said that Western man himself was Cain, cursed with the burden of restlessness and the endless quest for selfhood."

+Quote Post
JBroms
post Jun 27 2009, 03:56 AM
Post #15

Connoisseur of Cheese

QUOTE (Jonesy @ Jun 27 2009, 03:53 AM) *

I try, but I never can. I can rarely control my own actions, usually my dreams are more like vague ideas of things happening, and I'm almost always watching myself do something, or I'm on autopilot. It's not that someone else has control of my actions, it's just I'm so detached from myself that I just kinda watch what happens.

*waits for iMatt to post*

--------------------

McDowell RECORD Varsity

+Quote Post
Jonesy
post Jun 27 2009, 04:04 AM
Post #16

Captain Hypertension

QUOTE (JBroms @ Jun 26 2009, 10:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Jonesy @ Jun 27 2009, 03:53 AM) *

*waits for iMatt to post*

Actually, come to think of it, I thought I was the only one on here who was actually thinking about going into psychology...

--------------------

+Quote Post
iMatt
post Jun 27 2009, 04:24 AM
Post #17

Nope, you aren't alone tongue.gif

I never held much credence in all that Freudian, Jungian psychoanalysis and dream interpretation crap anyways, it's become the poster child of psychology for so many when the actual field has moved far away from those ideas of old.

I mean, cursory study into Freud's years will tell you he's a crackpot crack addict.

--------------------

Funk Mission

+Quote Post
Jonesy
post Jun 27 2009, 04:29 AM
Post #18

Captain Hypertension

QUOTE (iMatt @ Jun 26 2009, 11:24 PM) *
Nope, you aren't alone tongue.gif

I never held much credence in all that Freudian, Jungian psychoanalysis and dream interpretation crap anyways, it's become the poster child of psychology for so many when the actual field has moved far away from those ideas of old.

I mean, cursory study into Freud's years will tell you he's a crackpot crack addict.

Yup, though Freud did have a few interesting ideas, most of it was crap, and Jung was pretty out there too, though I haven't spent any time actually reading his work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zzzptm
post Jun 27 2009, 04:35 AM
Post #19

SA and I have both done lucid dreaming. It's great fun when you have lucid dreams. I try to use mine to envision a world without hate, greed, or pride. I've had some amazing visions as a result.

--------------------

+Quote Post
iMatt
post Jun 27 2009, 04:53 AM
Post #20

I've attempted to dream lucidly, and only half succeeded, mostly I do like OCM and guide my invincible dream fists on a path of destruction.

@Jonesy: Jung's collective unconscious is pretty wild, there's no basis in like, science or anything, but it sort of brings the whole instincts passed on from generation to generation to the table. Also it makes me feel like a telepath or something.

Woo.

--------------------

Funk Mission

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 09:01 PM