Chloe
post Oct 29 2012, 02:44 AM
Post #21

So wuvwee

Group: Pink Panthers
Member No.: 12

I'm Chloe

(no wai)

My claims to fame are representing Rhode Island at Nationals 07 and 08, and taking the RI scholastic overall gold in 09 (so prestigious oh my)

Now I'm at Carnegie Mellon getting a Bachelor of Fine Art with a concentration in Drawing and Printmaking, which really means I like to create images that follow the brilliant dark humor and strange vignette-style storytelling of the cartoons, games, and stories that rocked my childhood

So mostly I spend my time exploring the forces of human motivation and emotion that allow us to believe in an imagined surface while ignoring a deeper truth, and I'm pretty content/frustrated/in love with this way of life

It would be nice if someone could like, pay me though

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dizzyizzy
post Oct 29 2012, 02:56 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 63

I'm Justin, I'm from Ohio, and I'm the second-"most fun" Justin that hails from a 100-mile stretch of I-90 on the boards (Jesus, no matter how specific I get, JBroms still beats me). Uh, I was on South High's academic Decathlon team during that four-year stretch where we won states every year. I went to hawaii as an alternate, and all you current decathletes, that's the way to go. Stay on the team, but don't be good enough to actually compete. I did awesome stuff like live off monster and doritos, sleep until noon, buy several ukuleles, and ditch me team to go watch eddie vedder get drunk and play beatles songs. Way better than testing. (My other three years, by the way, I was stuck competing at nats. Bleh. My proudest moment in that was in Memphis when I made my mom start crying because she thought I has missed all the questions on SQ relay. I was acting, I actually went 5/5. She wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the night.)

Uh, nowadays, I'm in college. I started at a private school, realized it was a smurfy scam, dropped out, and go to community college now studying Audio production. It's great. The basis of it is this: All artists are assholes who don't know what they're doing. We have to tell them what to do, but in a roundabout way so that they think they're telling us what to do, but they're really just following our plan.

+Quote Post
overly_critical_...
post Oct 29 2012, 09:30 PM
Post #23

You and me, we're gonna be just fine.

Group: Yellow Perils
Member No.: 25

I'm Terry. People just call me OCM. I'm just a crazy old man that wandered in looking for shelter away from the cold. Rumors say that I used to be a decathlete in Los Angeles in some far off time that civilization has forgotten. Once in a blue moon, I might actually give something that could be considered "good advice". Otherwise, I'm just sitting over there in the corner mumbling to myself.

ocmyay.jpg <--- I assure you, this is not me.

--------------------

I'm never that far, no matter where you are.

+Quote Post
Widget!
post Oct 29 2012, 11:31 PM
Post #24

Worst Influence

Group: Blue Man Group
Member No.: 105

I'm so happy we have the OCM emoticons.

--------------------
QUOTE (overly_critical_man @ Sep 19 2011, 11:04 AM) *
QUOTE (Research Monkey @ Sep 19 2011, 08:59 AM) *
Also, why are there serious posts in here when we could be talking about ass and bacon?

I often lie awake in bed at night, wondering this to myself.

+Quote Post
dizzyizzy
post Oct 29 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 63

QUOTE (overly_critical_man @ Oct 29 2012, 05:30 PM) *
ocmyay.jpg <--- I assure you, this is not me.

ocminator.jpg

+Quote Post
Mr_Swag
post Oct 29 2012, 11:46 PM
Post #26

Group: Chocolate Brownies
Member No.: 234,904

I am Levi Nussman, swagmaster extraordinaire. I am currently a senior varsity from Pearland High School. I was on the State Champion-ish 2012 team as V1 and am returning in the same position this year.

Honestly, I'm smart, I promise. I just act like a fool and use the word $w@G compulsively because how can you deny that it's anything short of awesome? When I'm not doing acadec or writing poetry I like to rap and cuddle. That's it really. Feel free to PM if you wish to discuss stuffs and things. You're pretty <3 wub.gif

--------------------
Off the #$w@G-o-meter.

+Quote Post
the_crazy_honors
post Oct 29 2012, 11:51 PM
Post #27

Chief Duckling

Group: Usual Suspects
Member No.: 232,899

QUOTE (Widget! @ Oct 29 2012, 06:31 PM) *

Okay, will someone please explain this to me?

QUOTE (Mr_Swag @ Oct 29 2012, 06:46 PM) *
Honestly, I'm smart, I promise. I just act like a fool and use the word $w@G compulsively because how can you deny that it's anything short of awesome? When I'm not doing acadec or writing poetry I like to rap and cuddle.

Heh, sure.
Welcome aboard!

--------------------
Marin Young
Richardson High School Honors 2011-2014

I have a voice, too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
-Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness

+Quote Post
Widget!
post Oct 29 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #28

Worst Influence

Member No.: 105

QUOTE (the_crazy_honors @ Oct 29 2012, 04:51 PM) *

ocmfp.jpg

ocmhmm.jpg

ocminator.jpg

ocmOo.jpg

ocmsmile.jpg

ocmwow.jpg

ocmyay.jpg

ocmlook.jpg

ocmhey.jpg

--------------------
QUOTE (overly_critical_man @ Sep 19 2011, 11:04 AM) *
QUOTE (Research Monkey @ Sep 19 2011, 08:59 AM) *
Also, why are there serious posts in here when we could be talking about ass and bacon?

I often lie awake in bed at night, wondering this to myself.

+Quote Post
the_crazy_honors
post Oct 29 2012, 11:58 PM
Post #29

Chief Duckling

QUOTE (Widget! @ Oct 29 2012, 06:53 PM) *
QUOTE (the_crazy_honors @ Oct 29 2012, 04:51 PM) *

ocmfp.jpg

ocmhmm.jpg

ocminator.jpg

ocmOo.jpg

ocmsmile.jpg

ocmwow.jpg

ocmyay.jpg

ocmlook.jpg

ocmhey.jpg

So is that actually OCM?

--------------------
Marin Young

I have a voice, too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.

+Quote Post
Crow
post Oct 30 2012, 12:52 AM
Post #30

Gadfly

Group: Orange Crushers
Member No.: 11

QUOTE (the_crazy_honors @ Oct 29 2012, 04:58 PM) *
So is that actually OCM?

The dark ritual is now complete, acolyte. You have acquired the forbidden knowledge. There is no turning back now; you are bound to this board forever.

--------------------

+Quote Post
the_crazy_honors
post Oct 30 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #31

Chief Duckling

QUOTE (Crow @ Oct 29 2012, 07:52 PM) *
QUOTE (the_crazy_honors @ Oct 29 2012, 04:58 PM) *
So is that actually OCM?

The dark ritual is now complete, acolyte. You have acquired the forbidden knowledge. There is no turning back now; you are bound to this board forever.

If there's an entire set of emoticons based on a member's funny facial expressions, I'm definitely staying.

--------------------
Marin Young

+Quote Post
AK_WDB
post Oct 30 2012, 02:18 AM
Post #32

Chief of the Polar Bear Army

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 16

QUOTE (the_crazy_honors @ Oct 29 2012, 03:58 PM) *
So is that actually OCM?

In case there was any doubt - yes.

+Quote Post
Jonesy
post Oct 31 2012, 06:26 AM
Post #33

Captain Hypertension

Member No.: 51

Um. I'm Jonesy..... I'm from Nebraska. I was a varsity. Now I'm a super senior in college. Yeah... well then....

--------------------
QUOTE (Crow @ Mar 30 2010, 12:24 AM) *
Jonesy, who is, of course, the measurement of all things manly on this site
QUOTE (zzzptm @ Nov 9 2009, 10:29 PM) *
JBroms is the voice of reason

+Quote Post
kagerou
post Jan 11 2013, 11:47 PM
Post #34

Aca-Dorkatore

Group: Purple Hazes
Member No.: 280

Ok, I was directed here since people don't know who I am. I'm a little ashamed that new people don't know my love for OCM. Clearly I have to devote more time to shouting it to the internet masses.
I'm Angie Hawaiiperson (as someone dubbed me once) and I competed in acadec from 2004 to 2007. My team hosted the 2007 National Competition on Oahu. I've been a part of the boards since 2007 back when we were AcadecTalk and back when gil was around and when there was an IRC channel on slashnet. Anything else you need/want to know, just ask, I suppose.

+Quote Post
michelangelo
post Jan 12 2013, 12:39 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Group: Soylent Greens
Member No.: 727

I didn't see this thread until today, which is a testament to how (in)frequently I check the "not serious discussions" section. I'm Jared, and I was a Varsity at Waukesha West in Wisconsin but I competed as a Scholastic at State and Nationals. I was on the team from 2009-2011, but only competed the '10-'11 year when we finished 3rd overall nationally and took the cake in D2. Initially, I came around to follow scores 'n' such but nowadays I'm just here to occasionally talk politics/religion, and I've found this site to be a fun place to discuss those because there are plenty of intelligent people who make me rethink my ideas.

Now I'm studying Econ at the University of Minnesota, where my Green Bay Packer enthusiasm isn't really appreciated. I'll probably chase a double-major with Statistics, and I plan to get a Masters in Financial Math after completing my undergrad. Eventually, I'll get an MBA and call it good with the whole "school" thing when I'm 30 and have more debt than the United States.

This post has been edited by michelangelo: Jan 12 2013, 12:43 AM

--------------------
Jared Christensen
Waukesha West Scholastic

"you can take me out of the varsity, but you'll never take the varsity out of me..."

+Quote Post
the_crazy_honors
post Jan 12 2013, 04:22 AM
Post #36

Chief Duckling

QUOTE (kagerou @ Jan 11 2013, 05:47 PM) *
I'm Angie Hawaiiperson (as someone dubbed me once)

OHHHHHHH lightbulb moment. They mentioned you once. Hi!

--------------------
Marin Young

+Quote Post
wutherering
post May 2 2013, 02:23 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 326,417

Hey, I'm Heidi, currently a senior at Beverly Hills, and now-defunct varsity student. Last year I pulled a shameful 6800 at state, and this year decided to put in some effort and got an 8400 at county (and ten subject medals- LA County is kind to pretty high scoring varsities!). Before I joined decathlon I was getting a very respectable 1.85 gpa, and decathlon essentially gave me a work ethic, which I am grateful for (also notice that a 1.8 is a high-d, hahaha).
I read quite a bit (especially now that decathlon is over) and I have the loudest laugh you will ever hear. I will be going to a CSU next year if I do not get off the wait list at Reed College.

--------------------
Not a Bumblebee

+Quote Post
Jonesy
post May 2 2013, 04:45 AM
Post #38

Captain Hypertension

Member No.: 51

Hello new person, I'm Jonesy and I'm old. I too was a varsity but that was 6 years ago now. Welcome to the site!

--------------------
QUOTE (Crow @ Mar 30 2010, 12:24 AM) *
Jonesy, who is, of course, the measurement of all things manly on this site
QUOTE (zzzptm @ Nov 9 2009, 10:29 PM) *
JBroms is the voice of reason

+Quote Post
Crow
post May 2 2013, 08:07 AM
Post #39

Gadfly

Group: Orange Crushers
Member No.: 11

QUOTE (wutherering @ May 1 2013, 07:23 PM) *
I will be going to a CSU next year if I do not get off the wait list at Reed College.

Oh snap. I almost went to Reed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dr. Roffles
post May 2 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #40

Statistician in Residence

Member No.: 45

i was very close to going to reed, which would have been HILARIOUS.

anyways. howdy, everyone. I'm doc roffs, ADT's resident statistician. I competed from 2005-2008 (wait for real that was way longer ago than it feels) on a incomprehensibly bad no-funding Arizona team that didn't study very much at a school that no longer has acadec. whew! formerly my claim to fame was yearly models predicting who would win nationals and giving rough upset probabilities, but ever since I joined the working world I've been too busy for that. so I've just transitioned into being a cranky old guy who pokes his head in every 2 or 3 months to say hello and rustle some jimmies.

currently I am a home-owning car-driving statistician (ROOF/CAR/JOB, ROOF/CAR/JOB) at a large bank (hooray, the financial industry! i mean, wait... the exact opposite?!) for my clark kent job. at night, though, i become an espn-affiliated NBA analyst! i'm not kidding! my blog (gothic ginobili) is part of the truehoop network and I occasionally dabble in daily dime pieces and spitballing ideas with zach lowe behind the scenes. it's cool! if you want a more readily updated means with which to follow my occasionally lucid ramblings, follow me on twitter. i don't bite, even if i have a loveable sleeping dog that vaguely resembles me as my twitter avatar.

PM me if you want me to reply 4 months later. in other words, PM me if you desire response speed roughly commensurate with the pony express in 1896.

thank you for your time.

--------------------
#welp

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 09:11 PM