IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

781 Pages V  « < 779 780 781  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mega-Combined Emotions Topic, UCs, HRs, PSes, RTs, AFs, etc.
beregond
post Feb 24 2014, 04:56 AM
Post #15601

Leftenant of the big guns

Group: Soylent Greens
Member No.: 277

Remembered my password.

--------------------
Viva los conquistadores!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Research Monkey
post Feb 24 2014, 05:23 AM
Post #15602

touha po ztracené

Group: Coach Class
Member No.: 94

QUOTE (beregond @ Feb 23 2014, 09:56 PM) *
Remembered my password.

Post whores never die.

--------------------
“The attempt to develop a sense of humor and to see things in a humorous light is some kind of a trick learned while mastering the art of living.” --Viktor E. Frankl

+Quote Post
the_crazy_honors
post Feb 24 2014, 05:47 AM
Post #15603

Chief Duckling

Group: Usual Suspects
Member No.: 232,899

QUOTE (Research Monkey @ Feb 23 2014, 11:23 PM) *
Remembered my password.

Post whores never die.

Zombie postwhore?

--------------------
Marin Young
Richardson High School Honors 2011-2014

I have a voice, too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
-Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness

+Quote Post
Jonesy
post Feb 24 2014, 07:55 AM
Post #15604

Captain Hypertension

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (the_crazy_honors @ Feb 23 2014, 11:47 PM) *
QUOTE (Research Monkey @ Feb 23 2014, 11:23 PM) *
Remembered my password.

Post whores never die.

Zombie postwhore?

I miss the old postwhore threads...

Also,
HR: Today I found out(/remembered) that the thread containing all the old in-jokes and memes from DDT and ADT was deleted. Now we will never be able to show the new generations the glory of Rachel's enchilada bra, Gilbot's glory, The Chloe/jonesy trash talk thread, The Posters of the year competition, and simple things like "The person above you" thread, the Mark Foley joke account, RM's illegitimate children, OCM's [joke redacted], or the old members who we've lost to the sands of time and the crushing weight of old age and actual lives: Katerific, Monica, Bilgethresh (or however you smurfing spell it), Rachel, Gil, [He who still probably shouldn't be named], and so many more.

In short, I spent so much of my time here from the age of 17 onward that I feel nostalgic over all the things that have happened here.

--------------------
QUOTE (Crow @ Mar 30 2010, 12:24 AM) *
Jonesy, who is, of course, the measurement of all things manly on this site
QUOTE (zzzptm @ Nov 9 2009, 10:29 PM) *
JBroms is the voice of reason

+Quote Post
madcap
post Feb 25 2014, 07:37 AM
Post #15605

Alpwaaca

Group: Nazgul
Member No.: 21

QUOTE (the_crazy_honors @ Feb 23 2014, 08:47 PM) *
QUOTE (madcap @ Feb 23 2014, 05:42 PM) *
QUOTE (Jonesy @ Feb 22 2014, 08:09 PM) *
HR: If you count all the iterations of ADT/DDT, I have something like 20k posts
Also,
PS: People are posting on the boards again! (at least, the board I still look at)

20k posts is something to be proud of!

PS: I went up 25-ish posts while crazy_honors was gone for a week! crazy_honors, you should consider joining the USAD individual competition and/or focusing more on World Scholar's Cup. wink.gif Do it all over again...

You're evil. tongue.gif

What?? Noo! We just want you to have these wonderful experiences - why else did we push you in Academic Decathlon? Think about it. I have mental images of you winning the highest scores in Honolulu and the WSC Global Round. biggrin.gif Conquer all of them!

QUOTE (Jonesy @ Feb 24 2014, 02:55 AM) *
Also,
HR: Today I found out(/remembered) that the thread containing all the old in-jokes and memes from DDT and ADT was deleted. Now we will never be able to show the new generations the glory of Rachel's enchilada bra, Gilbot's glory, The Chloe/jonesy trash talk thread, The Posters of the year competition, and simple things like "The person above you" thread, the Mark Foley joke account, RM's illegitimate children, OCM's [joke redacted], or the old members who we've lost to the sands of time and the crushing weight of old age and actual lives: Katerific, Monica, Bilgethresh (or however you smurfing spell it), Rachel, Gil, [He who still probably shouldn't be named], and so many more.

In short, I spent so much of my time here from the age of 17 onward that I feel nostalgic over all the things that have happened here.

Ooh, what did gilbot do?? I think I've seen that name mentioned on the scores wiki.

I remember "the person above you"! Why don't we start another one?

--------------------
QUOTE (Abuelo)
I really try not to make it sound like a religious experience when I talk about Academic Decathlon, but it isn't easy.

+Quote Post
Jonesy
post Feb 25 2014, 03:27 PM
Post #15606

Captain Hypertension

QUOTE (madcap @ Feb 25 2014, 01:37 AM) *
Also,

Ooh, what did gilbot do?? I think I've seen that name mentioned on the scores wiki.

Gilbot was mostly on the IRC channel that we briefly had. It was kind of a normal IRC bot with a lot of Gil's sense of humor added on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
madcap
post Feb 25 2014, 03:45 PM
Post #15607

Alpwaaca

QUOTE (Jonesy @ Feb 25 2014, 10:27 AM) *
QUOTE (madcap @ Feb 25 2014, 01:37 AM) *
Also,

Gilbot was mostly on the IRC channel that we briefly had. It was kind of a normal IRC bot with a lot of Gil's sense of humor added on.

Wow, sweet.

PS: Almost 150 posts ahead of crazy_honors and gaining... eat my dust. happy.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Abuelo)
I really try not to make it sound like a religious experience when I talk about Academic Decathlon, but it isn't easy.

+Quote Post
Jonesy
post Feb 25 2014, 04:30 PM
Post #15608

Captain Hypertension

QUOTE (madcap @ Feb 25 2014, 09:45 AM) *
Wow, sweet.

PS: Almost 150 posts ahead of crazy_honors and gaining... eat my dust. happy.gif

Yes, release your inner post-whore.
Incidentally, post-whoring is one of the reasons the "person above you thread" thrived for so long.

--------------------

+Quote Post
madcap
post Feb 25 2014, 06:18 PM
Post #15609

Alpwaaca

QUOTE (glam407 @ Apr 30 2009, 10:18 PM) *
Rules and post prefixes

HR: Horrifying Realization (Spawned them all, I think)
PS: Pleasant Surprise
UC: Unfavorable Conclusions
AF: Ambivalent Feelings (Boring)
RT: Random Thoughts
LO: Logical Observations
NP: Novel Propositions
etc.

If you feel a way about a thing that's going on in your life or whatever, post it here so I don't have another 3 threads to troll about in.

That is all.

***This post has been engineered by your friendly modstaff :3***

NP: A 60,000-word "love story about magic, time travel, and cats who look like humans and solve crime," because we need more of these kinds of stories. My older brother's ranting about the publishing industry inspired me to make this satirical website. He helped me with most of the creative content - just keep clicking "Next letter" and you will see many great NPs! smile.gif

EDIT: forgot to link the actual website. http://people.rit.edu/rjd4406/letter/

--------------------
QUOTE (Abuelo)

+Quote Post
AK_WDB
post Mar 11 2014, 01:37 AM
Post #15610

Chief of the Polar Bear Army

Member No.: 16

UC: Jeff King is going to win the Iditarod.

+Quote Post
madcap
post Mar 11 2014, 01:58 AM
Post #15611

Alpwaaca

QUOTE (AK_WDB @ Mar 10 2014, 07:37 PM) *

I hadn't heard about him before. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_King_(mushing)

Is it an unfavorable conclusion because he's arrogant or kills moose or something else?

--------------------
QUOTE (Abuelo)

+Quote Post
AK_WDB
post Mar 11 2014, 02:05 AM
Post #15612

Naw, I have nothing against Jeff King. The moose thing wasn't a big deal, he just didn't realize he was inside the park but admitted it and paid up. But I root for Aliy Zirkle, and she was so close to winning this year and now she'll have to settle for a third straight second-place finish. King has already won four times.

+Quote Post
AK_WDB
post Mar 11 2014, 11:43 AM
Post #15613

QUOTE (AK_WDB @ Mar 10 2014, 04:37 PM) *

Welp, I was wrong about that.

+Quote Post
madcap
post Apr 30 2014, 02:17 AM
Post #15614

Alpwaaca

Did anybody else here dread it when they were graduating from college and moving away? This question applies to coaches too, if you can remember. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Abuelo)

+Quote Post

781 Pages V  « < 779 780 781
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 08:57 PM